Vancouver, BC, Canada
Who we are:
Semios is a market leader in leveraging the internet-of-things (IoT) and big data to improve the sustainability and profitability of specialty crops. With 500 million data points being reported by our sensors every day, we leverage our big data analytics, such as in-depth pest and disease modeling, to empower tree fruit and tree nut growers with decision-making tools to minimize resources and risks.
Our innovative work has received several industry awards:
- THRIVE - Top 50 Leading AgTech (2020) – recognized as exemplifying some of the best in agriculture technology around the globe.
- Global CleanTech Top 100 (2020) – identified as one of the companies best positioned to solve tomorrow’s clean technology challenges.
- Google Accelerator (2020) - Selected as 1 of 9 companies for the inaugural Google for Startups Accelerator Canada cohort, who are all using technology to solve complex challenges.
One of our partners produced this short video which shows what we do and our positive environmental impact.
We know our journey is only achievable by having a great team who shares ideas, tries new things and learns as we go.
Who you are:
Motivated by meaningful work, you are looking for more than just a job; you want to work for a dynamic, growing company that finds solutions to real-life problems, such as helping the world reduce the use of pesticides and helping nature feed a growing population. Your ideal work environment includes a collaborative team spirit with the opportunity to learn and grow as you take the initiative to try new things.
As an Accountant you will be well-versed in accounting principles and manage all month end duties including account reconciliations and employee expense reporting. You will be responsible for maintaining the general ledger, daily cash postings and managing accounts receivable. The goal is to contribute to the overall efficient operation of the department.
What you will do:
- Maintain general ledger accounts and prepare journal entries
- Perform month-end account closing activities and balance sheet reconciliations including deferred revenue, AR and bank reconciliations
- Daily lockbox and cash reconciliations; post all customer receipts to Quickbooks and Sales Reports
- Generate and process invoices for all signed contracts.
- Manage weekly AR reporting and communication with Sales team
- Prepare monthly sales and use tax calculations for filing
- Assist with preparation of audit schedules and provide supporting documentation for interim and year-end financial audit
- Manage Expensify approval process and export of all expense reports for month-end close
- Assist in variance analysis and revenue reports
- Adhoc duties as required
We want you to succeed, so you will need:
- 2+ years of full cycle accounting experience
- Strong knowledge of Accounting Principles
- Proficiency with Excel/Google Sheets
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Can do attitude
- Experience managing tasks to meet month-end deadlines
- Ability to work independently and as a part of a team
- Experience with Google Suite
Nice to have:
- Experience with Expensify, Concur or other expense reporting tools
- Exposure to working with an ERP system
- Accounting designation in progress
Why this is the opportunity for you:
- Sleep better knowing you're making the world a better place through more sustainable food production
- Work with a team that values fun, laughter, and each other
- Have a lasting impact as you help to build a company
- Learn a lot along the way!
Your application has been successfully submitted.