Development Manager for Infrastructure, SAP Analytics Cloud Job
Vancouver, BC, Canada
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That’s why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it’s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people’s lives.
The Data Management and Platform Infrastructure organization is looking for senior leaders to help with our next generation cloud-based platform. Are you a passionate individual who wants an opportunity to learn new things while honing your skills using leading edge technologies for Cloud, Big Data, Mobile, SAP HANA (in Memory) and modern Visualization? Do you thrive in a team with strong engineers to learn from and where all members of the engineering team, including management are close to the code and making technical contributions? If so, then this is the right job for you! Help us shape the future.
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
The successful candidate will lead a cross functional development team. Because we work on the cutting edge, we need someone who is eager to learn, results-oriented, resourceful in getting things to work and productive working independently or collaboratively. You are expected to:
- Ultimately be accountable for the quality, experience, readiness and timely delivery of all features produced by your team.
- Everyone, including management, is close to the code and making technical contributions - including contributing to design, coding, testing, systems setup, …
- Be knowledgeable in analytics and Infrastructure so that you can effectively participate in requirements definition.
- Enable quality excellence within product units through test techniques, process, frameworks and tools
- Manage the lifecycle of employees – e.g. recruiting/retaining, developing/guiding/motivating, managing performance
- Ensure ongoing communication of company/org messages, objectives, goals and strategy into own team
- Able to understand and play an active role in all aspects of the development process (of both new and existing applications and functionality)
- Stay current on technology and understand how it may fit into or advance our strategic direction
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
- University degree in Computer Science (or related subject)
- People management skills, strong dedication to people development and mentoring
- Create project and execution plans, factoring in essential elements like monitoring and steering.
- Manage critical situations and their impact on business deliverables
- Team player with outstanding interpersonal skills and a high degree of personal initiative
- Flexible to changing priorities and requirements with flexibility to react on new challenges and opportunities
- Ability to encourage innovation and foster a high-energy and focused environment
- Develop, monitor, and optimize the digital funnel using metrics and technologies
- Create an environment of continuous learning and improvement, where people actively seek to coach and help with team and peer development
- 5+ years of work experience as a people manager preferably in cloud infrastructure/ BI/ Analytics
- 5+ years of practical project experience that cover a variety of scenarios
- Prior experience in delivering cloud software is strongly desired
- Prior experience with applications on AWS/Azure/GCP or Paas like Cloud Foundry is strongly desired
- Prior experience working on embedding solutions into other applications
SUCCESS AT SAP
Success means different things to different people, so we go to great lengths to ensure that all our employees have every chance to succeed - on their own terms. That’s because we firmly believe that your success leads to ours.
SAP employees enjoy a variety of perks and benefits:
• Discount programs
• SAP Lunch On Us program
• Free daily fruit
• Subsidized pop, snacks, salad and more
• Foosball, pool, ping pong tables, and gym on site
Oh, and did we mention you get to work with some of the most influential companies on the planet to revolutionize the world?
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own. A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment – apply now.
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com, APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com, EMEA: Careers@sap.com).
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
Job Segment: Analytics, Cloud, Data Analyst, Developer, Engineer, Management, Technology, Data, Engineering
Your application has been successfully submitted.