Technical Legal Compliance Analyst, Global Technology Legal Compliance (GTLC) Job
Vancouver, BC, Canada
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That’s why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it’s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people’s lives.
Location: Preference for candidates based in Vancouver, Canada (near the SAP Office located in Vancouver) but open to candidates located elsewhere in Canada if willing to relocate to Vancouver once SAP offices reopen.
The hired candidate would join the Global Technology Legal Compliance (GTLC) team, whose mandate is to ensure SAP Engineering and their developed products comply with the legal requirements of licensing agreements, and international laws and standards.
To continue to improve upon this mandate, we’re looking for a technical legal compliance analyst to identify, analyze, and assess the risks of SAP’s commercial software and web services to ensure that SAP’s development organizations are able to comply with the agreed terms of governance.
The analyst will research and consider the technology of assessed software and web services and be able to bridge the world of technology and licensing terms. They will ensure that risks and mitigation strategies are well communicated; will stay educated with modern development practices and business models; and, will help process owners improve the ways compliance is run in the organization.
In this position you’ll be responsible to:
- Analyze and research commercial software and web services to gain an understanding of the technology therein.
- Read, analyze, and assess the technical licensing risks of governing agreements to apply to these third-party intellectual properties and convey how best to manage these risks to SAP’s development organizations.
- Prepare detailed risk assessments of known use-cases and prepare legal memos to inform senior SAP management.
- Collaborate with peers to share knowledge, learn from and aid others, and participate in an environment of growth within the team.
- Operate and read the results of tools that scan SAP products for third-party intellectual property.
- 1-3 years of work experience in a role related to technology, auditing, compliance, or law.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of modern software practices and architectures, and the software development lifecycle.
- Agile working style, able to react quickly to new information and adapt requirements and priorities as a result.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering, Computer Science, Law or equivalent experience and education.
SUCCESS AT SAP
Success means different things to different people, so we go to great lengths to ensure that all our employees have every chance to succeed - on their own terms. That’s because we firmly believe that your success leads to ours.
SAP employees enjoy a variety of perks and benefits:
• Discount programs
• SAP Lunch On Us program
• Free daily fruit
• Subsidized pop, snacks, salad and more
• Foosball, pool, ping pong tables, and gym on site
Oh, and did we mention you get to work with some of the most influential companies on the planet to revolutionize the world?
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: firstname.lastname@example.org, APJ: email@example.com, EMEA: firstname.lastname@example.org). Requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
Job Segment: Compliance, ERP, Engineer, SAP, Computer Science, Legal, Technology, Engineering
Your application has been successfully submitted.