Cloud Engineer, SAP Cloud Platform Job
Vancouver, BC, Canada
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That’s why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it’s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people’s lives.
Do you enjoy solving problems in an energetic team environment? Are you always curious to know how things work? Or why things don’t always work as they should?
Join our Cloud Engineering team and apply the discipline of Site Reliability Engineering to help make the SAP Cloud Platform a robust and reliable platform as a service for developers. Contribute to our mission critical tools and processes used globally across multiple teams.
- Monitoring the SAP Cloud Platform and assessing potential issues with the infrastructure or the platform itself
- Running efficient Incident Management when alerts indicate, including proper documentation, bridge call management and timely customer notifications during incidents
- Post incident, candidates should be comfortable performing Problem Management to identify the Root Cause Analysis (RCA) and to globally track and resolve recurring incidents permanently
- Team members should constantly look towards Automation and Tools Development to aid in the global teams incident and problem management processes
- Participate in and complete duties as part of an 24x7 on call rotation between a global team
- A student or recent graduate in computer science or a similar discipline
- Interested in learning about infrastructure, platform and software as a service
- Willingness to learn about networking and database technologies
- Grace and efficiency under pressure in emergency situations
- Strong communication skills
- Fluent in the English language
- 2 years of experience in software development, operations, or a related discipline.
SUCCESS AT SAP
Success means different things to different people, so we go to great lengths to ensure that all our employees have every chance to succeed - on their own terms. That’s because we firmly believe that your success leads to ours.
SAP employees enjoy a variety of perks and benefits:
• Discount programs
• SAP Lunch On Us program
• Free daily fruit
• Subsidized pop, snacks, salad and more
• Foosball, pool, ping pong tables, and gym on site
Oh, and did we mention you get to work with some of the most influential companies on the planet to revolutionize the world?
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own. A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment – apply now.
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com, APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com, EMEA: Careers@sap.com).
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
Job Segment: Cloud, SAP, ERP, Engineer, Computer Science, Technology, Engineering
Find similar jobs:
Your application has been successfully submitted.