Data Scientist, Global Technology Legal Compliance (GTLC) Job
Vancouver, BC, Canada
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That’s why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it’s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people’s lives.
Location: Preference for candidates based in Vancouver, Canada (near the SAP Office located in Vancouver) but open to candidates located elsewhere in Canada if willing to relocate to Vancouver once SAP offices reopen.
The hired candidate would join the Global Technology Legal Compliance (GTLC) team, whose mandate is to ensure SAP Engineering and their developed products comply with the legal requirements of licensing agreements, and international laws and standards.
To continue to improve upon this mandate, we’re looking for a data scientist to help us improve our processes related to commercial software and web service compliance in SAP’s products. They’ll do so by collecting, analyzing, and communicating recommendations related to our third-party intellectual property detection systems, and process and apply learning to the text of the contracts that govern the detection results. That includes exploratory efforts to apply methods of natural language processing and machine learning.
These data streams will be structured and unstructured and the analyst will need to problem solve to manage these variances. And for long-term success, the analyst will be responsible to suggest and make improvements to our data structures and data quality such that efforts to automate data and processes can be realized.
In this position you’ll be responsible to:
- Analyze the lists and metadata of detected commercial software and web services within SAP products and prepare models to better manage the licensing compliance of these detections.
- Adapt machine learning and natural language processing to service contracts that govern web service to identify relevant risks for SAP Engineering groups.
- Work in an agile environment with peers from product and project leadership, business needs, internal development, and data science roles.
- Collaborate with peers to share knowledge, learn from and aid others, and participate in an environment of growth within the team.
- Communicate observations, results, and recommendations to audiences with technical and non-technical backgrounds.
- 2+ years of work experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of natural language processing and machine learning.
- Experience developing with python, R, or similar.
- Agile working style, able to react quickly to new information and adapt requirements and priorities as a result.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent experience and education.
SUCCESS AT SAP
Success means different things to different people, so we go to great lengths to ensure that all our employees have every chance to succeed - on their own terms. That’s because we firmly believe that your success leads to ours.
SAP employees enjoy a variety of perks and benefits:
• Discount programs
• SAP Lunch On Us program
• Free daily fruit
• Subsidized pop, snacks, salad and more
• Foosball, pool, ping pong tables, and gym on site
Oh, and did we mention you get to work with some of the most influential companies on the planet to revolutionize the world?
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: firstname.lastname@example.org, APJ: email@example.com, EMEA: firstname.lastname@example.org). Requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
Job Segment: Database, Scientific, Compliance, Engineer, ERP, Engineering, Technology, Legal
Your application has been successfully submitted.