Associate Game Data Analyst (1 year contract)
Vancouver, BC, Canada
You are a sharp, disciplined individual who has a passion for mobile games. Your experience helps to demonstrate your superior quantitative analytical skill and a scientific thought process. Your expertise paves the way for working with our game team to optimize every facet of player retention and monetization to ensure the continued success of our games. Large data sets are your playground and you can’t wait to join the fun!
Sound like a match? Kabam Vancouver is looking for an Associate Data Analyst to join us! We don’t just make games, we play and love them too.
You will contribute by:
- Providing support to cross-functional teams across the organization to understand overall business goals, improve reporting, and assist with larger scale projects as needed
- Finding answers to business questions via hands-on exploration of data sets using SQL, dashboards, statistical analysis, and data visualizations
- Generating and maintaining a suite of dashboards and reports for teams throughout the organization
- Creating and managing multiple A/B tests to gain valuable insights on KPIs including retention, acquisition, and monetization
- Measuring the success of product features after release and optimize their performance through rapid, data-driven iteration
- Aiding in task prioritization and general project management within the data team
Your background includes:
- 0-2 years of industry data analysis experience, with solid knowledge of statistical methods
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in a STEM discipline
- Expert SQL skills and experience querying very large data sets
- Proven ability to thrive using multiple mixed, varied, and inconsistent data sources
- Fundamental knowledge of project management methodologies
- Comfort presenting complicated material to diverse audiences
It would be nice to have:
- Experience with Google BigQuery, Tableau, JIRA and/or other project management software
- Experience working for a social or mobile game developer
- Understanding of game design concepts and principles
- MBA or Master’s Degree
Together, we can create and support some of the best games ever made.
Kabam is a world leader of developing entertaining, immersive, and highly social multiplayer games for mobile devices. They merge consumer behaviour with the art of game design to create experiences that are enjoyed by millions of players across the globe. Each game has raised the benchmark in mobile gaming, bringing high-quality graphics, next-generation technology and revolutionary gameplay to the console in every player’s pocket.
Kabam has partnered with leading entertainment brands like Disney, Hasbro and Universal to create mobile games based on some of the world’s most iconic franchises.
Kabam’s games have generated hundreds of millions of downloads including Fast & Furious 6: The Game, Fast & Furious: Legacy, Marvel Contest of Champions, Transformers: Forged to Fight, Shop Titans and Mini Guns. These games have also received multiple awards such as Apple’s Editor’s Choice and Google Play’s Best Game of the Year.
Founded in 2006, Kabam has studios and offices in Vancouver, Montreal, Charlottetown, San Francisco and Austin. Kabam is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Netmarble Games.
Kabam is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer committed to building a diverse and equitable workplace, and inclusive environment for all existing and potential employees. Employment decisions are based on candidate qualifications and business need, not race, color, ancestry, place of origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, political belief, religion, creed, marital or family status, medical condition, genetic information, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, prior criminal conviction or any other protected class in accordance with federal, state or provincial and local laws and ordinances. Accommodations will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Your application has been successfully submitted.