Risk Management - University Graduate
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 325 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
At PayPal, we’re literally reinventing how the world pays and gets paid. We understand that it’s about people. We connect individuals to let them shop, get paid, donate, and send money using today’s technology with the confidence that comes from the security and control PayPal enables. Are you ready to help us change the world? The world’s leading payments company, PayPal, brings together a family of brands that are revolutionizing the way people move money. At PayPal, you will be immersed in an amazing community with a vibrant culture that thrives on innovation, collaboration, inclusion, and wellness. A successful candidate will join the world’s top risk talents in solving some of the most challenging problems in a collaborative global environment that promotes learning and rewards innovation.
Risk Management Professionals at PayPal are highly motivated team players who specialize in analyzing fraud patterns and creating and adapting advanced fraud prevention mechanisms while focusing on the customer’s experience. Our scientists overcome challenges presented by big data, evolving fraud techniques and new payment technologies, by leveraging deep expertise in data analysis, advanced algorithms and story-based analytics. Ideal candidates are problem solvers, equipped with strong analytical skills, suited to approach varied challenges in complex environments. Adept at creative and critical thinking, they can deconstruct problems and transform personal insights into large scale, state-of-the-art solutions.
We work in a space that looks deeply into emerging fraud trends and the facilitation of opportunities that help the business in fueling growth and strategic decisions. You will be able to do it all in a collaborative environment that values your insight, encourages you to take on new responsibility, promotes continuous learning, and rewards innovation. You will join a global team that is multi-disciplinary with a broad spectrum of industry experiences and deep analytical and quantitative expertise.
- Provide analytical insights into emerging problems, trends and portfolios
- Work closely with business partners and stakeholders to determine how to design analysis and measurement approaches that will significantly improve our ability to understand and address emerging business issues
- Bring data to life making it actionable and relevant to stakeholders through exploratory analysis of internal and external data sources using advanced and innovative analytical techniques, algorithms, and tools
- Provide regular updates to leadership, peers and other stakeholders that will simplify and clarify complex concepts and results of analyses with emphasis on actionable outcomes and impact on the business
- Graduated within the past 12 months, or will be graduating by Spring 2021, with a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Math or related major from an accredited college or university
- Proven ability to work independently and make good decisions with minimal direction
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Strong analytical skills – analyze complex data, draw accurate conclusions, and make business recommendations
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft applications, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Word – familiarity working with SQL
- Experience in at least one data visualization tool (Tableau, Qlikview) will be a plus
- Proven ability to lead project(s) to conclusion within assigned timelines
- Ability to approach problems in a quantitative and qualitative manner, and partner with the business to understand their needs and drive solutions
Position Location: Varies
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.
Your application has been successfully submitted.