Bilingual Customer Service Specialist (English/Japanese)
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 325 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
Hyperwallet’s goal is to provide organizations with a frictionless, transparent, and reliable way to distribute funds to their global contractors, suppliers, and resellers through a top developer-friendly web and mobile payments technology. The payout platform unifies fragmented financial infrastructure in a singular environment. Our vision is to pay the planet. Since PayPal acquired Hyperwallet in 2018, you'll not only get to work for a local company with its roots firmly in Vancouver, but you will also be part of the PayPal family, offering you all the benefits of working for a global organization. At Hyperwallet, we LOVE our customers, and we’re looking for smart, experienced, “can do” people with innate customer savvy to join our Customer Service Operations team. We value diversity, creativity, equal opportunity, and are always on the lookout for bright and talented individuals to join our team. We are proud to provide exceptional working conditions that include competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits plan, and a flexible working environment. We are passionate about the work we do and the values we live by: • We Care! – we treat each other as family. Every individual is important. • We Choose Change! – we are passionate and inspired by change. • We are Funtastic! – laughter keeps it fun and fuels our creativity. • Let’s Do This! – together we will always find a way We’re looking for an individual who seeks challenge and change, thrives in a fast-paced environment, and is unrelenting in providing optimal customer experiences. Our goal is to have great ideas become products, services, and ultimately phenomenal customer experiences. We are looking for driven team players whose goal is to establish excellent customer-based experiences with our company. Demonstrating a passion and dedication to your role, will provide opportunities for personal and professional growth within Hyperwallet. Please note: This is a full-time position and we operate a 24/7 Contact Centre, including scheduling on weekends & statutory holidays. Shifts may vary, ranging from early morning, midday, afternoon, evening, and overnight shifts.
- Provide excellent support via telephone, chat and email to our end-users and business partners.
- Answer customer queries regarding our products & services, account sign up, online transactions and balance inquiries.
- Research and resolve client inquiries verbally and in writing
- Ensure accurate ticketing and documentation for each contact
- Liaising with other departments within the organization to resolve complex customer inquires
- Accurately interpret & explain transaction records
- Assist with risk management and transaction trace requests.
- Education: High School is required, a business diploma is an asset
- Fluent (oral & written) in English and Japanese
- Experience: 2 years in telephone customer support or related service field
- Having basic knowledge or experience with financial systems and terminology is an asset
- Strong computer skills with the ability to type at least 40 words per minute (testing will be administered)
- Friendly, professional, and outgoing personality
- Proven ability to handle challenging customers in a professional manner
- Experience with Internet, MS Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Experience with databases, such as MS Access is an asset
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Organized and detail-oriented, with the ability to multi-task
- Demonstrates initiative and desire to learn new tasks & systems
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
What we offer:
- Comprehensive Employee Benefit Plan including medical, dental, and vision care for you, your spouse, and dependents
- Full time employment with a competitive hourly wage and paid training
- A health spending account for gym passes, fitness equipment, and more
- Advancement opportunities, internal mentoring program, and one-on-one feedback time with your manager
- Flexible dress code in a fun, friendly, and casual work environment
- Culture committee sponsored events including laser tag, ski and snowboarding, kayaking, and more
Please note: This is a full-time position and we operate a 24/7 Contact Centre, including scheduling on weekends & statutory holidays. Shifts may vary, ranging from early morning, midday, afternoon, evening, and overnight shifts.
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your application has been successfully submitted.