Hard Surface Artist
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Hard Surface Artist
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
As a Hard Surface Artist you will work as part of the experienced Apex External Development team. This is a creative role where you will hone your leadership and creative skills, as you guide and support our external partner teams to achieve visual excellence for the content and experiences we create for Apex Legends. Guided by the OS Art lead, you will master key knowledge in conducting reviews and providing clear feedback and direction.
You will work closely with the OS Art Lead, External Development Art Director, team leads and Technical Artists to help push quality and innovation, and to help drive process, tools and training for our external partners.
The role is part of EA Create, a collective of content production teams partnering with EA Studios game teams to deliver outstanding visuals, audio and technology. Our teams consist of exceptional artists, engineers, technicians, designers and development directors. Worldwide, we combine our teams to form a global group of extraordinary individuals fueled by imagination and a unified passion for creating amazing visuals, sound and experiences. We are a diverse team, unified through collaboration, culture and craft.
Committed to supporting our games with the creation of amazing Content, the EA Create Worlds team enriches players’ experience with environments and a variety of hard-surface assets such as vehicles, props & weapons.
• Content reviews and feedback, ensuring content quality meets or exceeds targets
• Finalizing content to ensure quality requirements are met - on an as needed basis
• Integration of external content into the game engine
• Creation of hard surface briefs and packages
• Participate in relevant art review meetings
• As needed - the ability to travel to partner studios or OS vendors on multi-week visits to kick off the engagement, train external artists, and to learn from and collaborate with the game team
• Working with multiple studio Art Directors and leads to understand the content vision, direction, and quality expectations
Who You Are:
• Intermediate artist with Lead Art aspirations and ideally 3 to 5 years 3D production experience in Hard Surface asset work (Character knowledge is also a benefit)
• Understanding of industry standard 3D applications and general workflows Example: Maya, Zbrush, Substance Painter - High poly, Low poly, UV and texturing practices
• Able to understand WGLL (What Good Looks Like) from a Respawn perspective on the Art Direction and Design
• Great communication skills with people within the studios and multiple locations
• Able to quickly learn EA Create best practices - including providing feedback in Shotgun
• Able to effectively set up briefs and organize packages for external partners
• Able to provide feedback for hard surface work, and also some character related work
• Able to adapt to new engine and integrate content
• Able to travel domestically and internationally
• Above all, we need someone who has a positive attitude and works well with others, as this will be a heavily collaborative role
• Familiarity with full production from concept ideation through final modeling and integration is a plus
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
We love to brag about our great perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, RRSP company match and, of course, many other perks! And since we realize it takes outstanding people to make outstanding games, we offer great compensation packages and a culture that thrives off of creativity and individuality.
More about our location: http://careers.ea.com/our-locations/burnaby-eac
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Your application has been successfully submitted.