Vancouver, BC, Canada Remote
Multiple Locations: Redwood City, California, United States • Los Angeles, California, United States • Edmonton, Alberta, Canada • Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada • Brampton, Ontario, Canada • Montreal, Quebec, Canada • Sacramento, California, United States • Orlando, Florida, United States • Baton Rouge, Louisiana, United States • Austin, Texas, United States • Seattle, Washington, United States • Pasadena, California, United States
As a member of the Special Projects in Applied Research and Collaboration Team, you will develop ground-breaking game features and engine enhancements in close collaboration with EA's development teams. You will be a part of an organic team solving a variety of technical challenges beginning from proof of concept to implementation for titles across EA. An important priority for this group is to partner with EA’s specialized research teams to create meaningful applications relevant to the business.
The SPARC Team is looking for a Technical Director to join our team. You will lead a multi-team, multi-domain effort to bring to life a major player facing feature that multiple games at EA will use. The TD will partner with the Frostbite Engine team, the EA Digital Platform team and several game teams within EA Studios to build an aligned roadmap with a special focus on integrating it into a shipping game. The feature set has broad applications for the future of our players and requires complex technologies to be built at all levels of the engine, game and digital platform. From low-level systems to user facing experience design and modern live services.
What the Technical Director will do at SPARC
- You will work with the Marketing, Frostbite and EA Digital Platform teams and game teams to provide a complex player facing feature set, integrated into a major shipping title
- Work with the Frostbite Engine Team to accelerate aspects of their roadmap that are required to provide the feature set.
- You will build a team of multi-domain experts to provide the aligned strategy
- Champion systems and project metric collection, analysis and use
- Manage technical risks and mitigation plans for feature development
- Gather requirements from both game and central engineering teams to guide technical designs. Improve software architecture for technology, pipeline and tools
- Audit the team’s development plans including technical designs, processes, resource usage, task estimates, quality and risk for technical completion and quality
- You will report into the VP, Head of Technology overseeing the SPARC team
Who You Are?
- Experience in leadership positions with technology backgrounds, or experience as a technical director in production of large high-quality game(s) or game engines or live services
- Experience building scalable, stable, and secure architectures, in a live service environment
- Excellent coding and debugging skills
- Deep experience with a variety of programming languages and tools
- A passionate gamer with an interest in following the advancement of industry technologies
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent
- 5 or more years of games industry experience
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
We love to brag about our great perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, RRSP company match and, of course, many other perks! And since we realize it takes outstanding people to make excellent games, we offer great benefits packages and a culture that is powered by creativity.
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Your application has been successfully submitted.