QA Analyst - Cheech & Chong Bud Farm
This job is no longer accepting applications.
WHAT IMPACT CAN A QA ANALYST HAVE AT ESG
At East Side Games, we all band together to deliver a world-class gameplay experience for our players around the globe. Whether that’s working with Ricky and the Gang on Trailer Park Boys: Greasy Money, or on any of our other current or upcoming titles, you’re committed to making memorable player experiences. Everyone has an impact here. As a QA Analyst, you will join East Side Games on one of our latest titles, Cheech & Chong Bud Farm. Your contribution goes beyond writing test cases and supporting LiveOps content; you will be a champion for the end user and have an overall say in the direction and development of one of our most beloved titles, creating a world-class player experience. We’re a remote-first studio and encourage all applications across Canada.
WHAT YOU MIGHT DO IN YOUR DAY TO DAY
- You’ll be hands-on creating, maintaining, and following test cases and verification passes on Cheech & Chong Bud Farm
- Continue to support the LiveOps content that goes into Cheech & Chong Bud Farm
- Have a voice! You will be a key member of the product team, working directly with game designers, producers, and developers. Your role will go beyond the basics of logging bugs and testing; you will be encouraged to weigh-in on feature design and suggest improvements to our titles
- Use your spidey-senses to reproduce and report any bugs that you encounter, following up with detailed reports and test case results to our Producer & QA Manager
- Be a champion for the end user. You’ll work with Design, Engineering, Production and Community, ensuring bug-related user feedback is addressed
- Creating and maintaining technical documentation
- PLAY OUR GAMES!!!
WHAT YOU BRING TO ESG
- 1 year of hands-on mobile testing experience, preferably on games
- Solid understanding of QA tools and methodologies
- Strong communication skills; you know what information is critical and when to share it with those around you
- Knowledge of database and bug tracking software, such as JIRA
- A meticulous eye for detail, both in catching bugs and writing documentation
- A HUGE passion for games and creating a world-class player experience
- Idle game experience and interest is a HUGE plus!
- You enjoy games, particularly mobile games. You are on top of the latest games, trends and what’s happening in live events
- Hungry, humble, and smart and can use these three pillars to impact you and those around you.
- Comfortable in an environment where priorities and plans change rapidly, but with intention
- Solution-oriented, self-motivated and diligent
- Community-minded, whereby a collective mission of the project is a shared priority
- Empathic, compassionate and curious
- Your values are governed by justice, equity, diversity and inclusion
WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO WORK AT ESG?
We are East Side Games - a pillar in beautiful Vancouver’s gaming community. Our mission is to create games that are easy to pick up, hard to put down, and don’t suck! We put players at the heart of our evolution, independence and profitability. With their help, we’ve defined the narrative, idle gaming space with huge IPs that reach the lives of millions globally... And we’re just getting started!
Culture rules here, and that’s what makes us unique. We put people at the core of what we do. We believe that you can steer the ship of your career, and we anchor through support, trust and connection. Tackle your challenges, share your learnings, then share a drink with the studio in our weekly Cheers Friday Announcements. Have we piqued your curiosity? Then check out our amazing Culture and Benefits!
WE’RE BUILT ON THE FOUNDATIONS OF DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
East Side Games are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion. We welcome and encourage people of all backgrounds to apply, and will utilize the strengths you bring to foster your growth and the studio’s growth.
If this sounds like everything you hoped for and more, and you’re enthused to build genre-defining narrative idle games, click the “Apply Here” button below. If now is not the right time for you but you know someone who would be a great match for us at East Side Games, check out our referral bonus here! Let’s build great games together.
We can’t wait to hear from you!
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Independent game studio creating humorous, addicting games. Creators of @TPBGame , @AlwaysSunnyGame , @dragonupgame , @GoldbergsGame , and @arche...