Core-Tech Software Engineer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
WHAT IMPACT CAN A CORE-TECH SOFTWARE ENGINEER HAVE AT ESG?
At East Side Games, we all band together to deliver a world-class gameplay experience for our players around the globe. Whether that’s working with Ricky and the Gang on Trailer Park Boys: Greasy Money, or any of our other current or upcoming titles, you’re committed to making memorable player experiences. Everyone has an impact here. As a Core-Tech Software Engineer, you’ll be hands-on with our internal framework, enabling our internal and external teams to launch world-class mobile titles seamlessly. You’ll solve complex problems across the entire stack, maintaining and developing the technology that produces core features by all of our partner games. We’re a remote-first studio and encourage all applications in Canada.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Implement core features that will be used throughout our titles in Live Operations. These will be the building blocks that our Game Engineers will make games from
- From implementing UI system and components to understanding how data is managed within the game, there is a plethora of technical challenges to solve
- Design and implement systems and architecture for our live games and any future projects!
- Be hands-on, tackling our engineering goals head-on through the implementation of high quality, well-structured and documented code
- Collaborate closely with Game Engineers and Designer to maintain and innovate our existing tools for content creation, adding new functionalities and improving the engineering workflows
- Break down requirements with other internal and external clients and communicate your solutions in an easy to understand and personable manner
WHAT YOU WILL BRING:
- A minimum of 3 years building high quality production software systems
- Production level knowledge of C# and Unity is essential
- Previous experience building the core technology of a game or software product
- Some backend experience is a plus, particularly experience integrating and/or creating REST API’s.
- Experience working with agile development methodologies.
- A shipped mobile title or personal gaming projects you’re proud of building
- An understanding of professional software engineering best practices, such as code reviews, source control management, build processes and testing
- Strategic time management skills and a commitment to executing tasks to completion
- Accessible communication skills, both written and orally
- Mobile, F2P, or idle game experience is a HUGE plus!
- Someone who enjoys games, particularly mobile games. You are on top of the latest games, trends and what’s happening in live events
- Comfortable in an environment where priorities and plans change rapidly, but with intention
- Solution-oriented, self-motivated and diligent
- Community-minded, whereby a collective mission of the project is a shared priority
- Driven by long-term projects that tackle the toughest engineering problems
- Empathic, compassionate and curious
- Your values are governed by justice, equity, diversity and inclusion
WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO WORK AT ESG?
We are East Side Games - proudly built in beautiful BC. Our mission is to create games that are easy to pick up, hard to put down, and don’t suck! We put players at the heart of our evolution, independence, and profitability. With their help, we’ve defined and become the leader in the narrative idle gaming space, writing the playbook on LiveOps in the process. Our huge IPs serve a traditionally underserved audience globally... And we’re just getting started!
Community is everything here. We put people at the core of what we do. Our games and our team have the same goal; to be inclusive and for everyone. We get sh*t done and our team is on hand to step in, listen, and support, regardless of rank. Tackle your challenges, share your learnings, then share refreshments with the studio in our weekly Cheers Friday Announcements. Have we piqued your curiosity? Then check out our amazing Culture and Benefits! We note that our culture is not a monolith, and is ever-changing based on the folks holding space at East Side Games.
WE’RE BUILT ON THE FOUNDATIONS OF DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
East Side Games are an equitable employer that values justice, equity, diversity and inclusion. We welcome and encourage people of marginalized backgrounds, particularly QTBIPOC folks, to apply, and will acknowledge and value the strengths you bring to foster yours and the studio's growth.
If this sounds like something you hoped for and more, and you’re enthused to build genre-defining narrative idle games, click the “Apply Here” button below. If now is not the right time for you but you know someone who would be a great match for us at East Side Games, check out our referral bonus here! Let’s build great games together
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Independent game studio creating humorous, addicting games. Creators of @TPBGame , @AlwaysSunnyGame , @dragonupgame , @GoldbergsGame , and @arche...