Senior Brand Manager
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Are you a strategic marketing leader who can generate excitement for our games?
Are you known for your ability to think creatively, build trust and lead a creative marketing team through a successful product launch?
If so, our Senior Brand Manager role might be the perfect fit for you!
Please note in order to be successful in this role, experience in the Game Industry is essential.
Relic Entertainment is a wholly owned studio of SEGA. We are an award-winning developer of genre-defining games like Homeworld, Dawn of War, Company of Heroes, and Age of Empires. We have delivered rich, thoughtful strategy games throughout our history and our vision is to continue making games that people love to play.
We are looking for a Senior Brand Manager who will plan and execute marketing strategies, lead a creative marketing and community team, and support a strong player-first approach. You will drive highly marketable content and strategic messaging outwards to strategy fans around the world. Working with Relic's development team and SEGA's international brand team, you will align key marketing tactics to ensure both marketing and game development plans are clearly in line with player expectations.
As our Senior Brand Manager you will…
- Lead a team through the strategic brand management of our titles, from inception through to live operations, ensuring long-term health and consumer engagement
- Work closely with a dedicated Community Manager, Development Leads, and External Market & User Research partners in order to extract relevant player insights and market data
- Act as a product expert – you will evangelize our brand to external partners (our publisher, plus licensors, retailers and agencies) to mobilize support and advocacy across the business
- Make sound business recommendations to the Executive Producer and the SEGA publishing group to enhance agreed marketing programs
- Guide SEGA’s media briefing and planning process through close collaboration with SEGA’s Marketing team
- Liaise with the Communications team to ensure that communications are consistent and reflect brand positioning & consumer targeting
You are a great fit if you…
- Have shipped a AAA title (console or PC) as a Product, Marketing, or Brand Manager, and have a relevant degree and/or commensurate experience
- Have solid leadership skills, with experience in building and leading a marketing and community team
- Are experienced working with mid-sized marketing teams, and have a familiarity with global campaigns including PR, Community Management, analytics, events, and creative assets
- Can leverage your strong knowledge of industry trends to set relevant marketing KPIs, utilizing in-game and online analytics to measure performance regularly
- Have excellent presentation and writing skills – you are a polished communicator who thrives presenting to a group of experienced development leaders and shows confidence in your approach
- A desire to learn and grow with us
It’s a bonus if you have…
- A passion for real-time strategy games
- A strong understanding of the PC gaming and digital distribution landscapes
- Experience with go-to-market planning with online games and Live-Ops
- An international marketing background and community management experience
Are you game? We’d like to hear from you!
Please apply through our careers page (www.relic.com) and we will be in touch shortly to let you know about next steps.
This is Relic
We have a culture of kindness, transparency, and play. There is a lot of heart and passion at this studio – we get to work on projects we’re proud of and we work hard to be the best at what we do. We are curious, we strive for excellence, we build on each other’s ideas, and we celebrate each other’s great work. Relicans organize movie nights, game tournaments, life drawing, community and charity events, and more. Basically, we believe that good work starts with a community you’re excited to spend your day with, both in and out of the studio.
Relic benefits include an extended benefits package, RRSP/DPSP matching program (subject to eligibility requirements), local discounts to gyms and restaurants in the area, and regular studio and community events. For designated roles, relocation and immigration assistance may be available.
You will also become part of the SEGA family (in addition to Relic, this includes Creative Assembly, Sports Interactive, Hardlight Studio, and Amplitude Studios), which gives us access to the resources to enable us to build on our legacy of innovation.
Your application has been successfully submitted.