Vancouver, BC, Canada
Relic Entertainment is a wholly owned studio of SEGA. We are an award-winning developer of genre-defining games like Homeworld, Dawn of War, Company of Heroes, and Age of Empires. We have delivered rich, thoughtful strategy games throughout our history and our vision is to continue making games that people love to play. We are looking for a Technical Artist to join our studio in beautiful Vancouver.
As a Technical Artist you will…
- Create processes and tools to help developers iterate quickly
- Work to understand the advantages and limitations of proprietary technologies when designing pipelines
- Drive a multidisciplinary approach that allows developers to focus on their craft while working with other groups on technical process and developing systems
- Safeguard game direction and game vision from risk
- Collaborate with the Art, Animation and Programming teams to ensure art and animation content functions in engine while complimenting the gameplay experience at a high quality
- Work with stakeholders, including Leads, production, and other TAs to distribute workload
You are a great fit if you have…
- Shipped products, may include game, movie, television, etc.
- A thorough understanding of how to optimize game content for real-time performance
- Created tools using Python to drive art or animation pipelines, automation, exporting
- Experience working cross discipline on game features from high level to implementation
- Strong communication skills that include documentation and mentoring of animators and other TAs
- A desire to learn, share, and grow with us
It is a bonus if you have…
- A tertiary-level programming qualification
- Experience with physical simulation and collision systems
- A website or github account with code samples and/or videos of tools developed
Are you game? We’d like to hear from you!
Please apply through our careers page (www.relic.com) and we will be in touch shortly to let you know about next steps.
This is Relic
We have a culture of kindness, transparency, and play. There is a lot of heart and passion at this studio – we get to work on projects we’re proud of and we work hard to be the best at what we do. We are curious, we strive for excellence, we build on each other’s ideas, and we celebrate each other’s great work. Relicans organize movie nights, game tournaments, life drawing, community and charity events, and more. Basically, we believe that good work starts with a community you’re excited to spend your day with, both in and out of the studio.
Relic benefits include an extended benefits package, RRSP/DPSP matching program (subject to eligibility requirements), local discounts to gyms and restaurants in the area, and regular studio and community events. For designated roles, relocation and immigration assistance may be available.
You will also become part of the SEGA family (in addition to Relic, this includes Creative Assembly, Sports Interactive, Hardlight Studio, and Amplitude Studios), which gives us access to the resources to enable us to build on our legacy of innovation.
Your application has been successfully submitted.