This job is no longer accepting applications.
As our newest Account Executive, you will have the opportunity to advance Maple’s mission of building a connected healthcare experience.
About the Role
You will directly support Maple’s mission of building a connected healthcare experience by driving the growth of the business with employer groups across Canada.
You’re a seasoned salesperson in the health benefits landscape with a track record of building relationships, managing pipelines, and exceeding sales targets looking to grow your career at a scaling, mission-driven company. You have a hunter mentality, a focus on execution, and the ability to work autonomously in a competitive market.
- Build the B2B customer-base and revenue through conducting proactive sales activities including, but not limited to:
- Execute sales activities, including demonstrating a “hunter” mentality, meeting/exceeding annual Sales Targets
- Build and maintain a strong pipeline of opportunities, managing deal cycle from identification of sales leads, relationship development, pitching Maple’s value proposition and proposal development using a consultative sales approach, through to deal closure and transition to the account management team
- Track, measure and report on sales activities and performance metrics from lead generation through to deal closure
- Proactively identify opportunities to bring in additional support from the Business Development team to support deal closure
- Work collaboratively with the other members of the sales team to close deals, taking a team-based approach to deals when required
- Inform training and development programs for the sales team, helping to build skillsets, expand capability and enhance deal close rate
- Contribute to/ inform the development of sales materials, working with the Head of Sales and the Marketing Team to enhance sales tools and materials
- Minimum 7-10 years in a B2B sales role in healthcare benefits
- Post-secondary degree in Business, Marketing, Health Sciences or other sales related experience
- An effective, metric-driven sales approach with a proven track record of success
- Well developed and practiced outreach/cold calling skills
- Strong networking and relationship-building skills that will allow you to build relationships with plan sponsors, brokers consultants, and other healthcare benefits practitioners
- Self-starter with exceptional drive and entrepreneurial mindset
- Articulate and poised with a clear and concise spoken and written communication style
- Exceptional networking abilities, with a strong existing network
- Strong business acumen and negotiation skills
- Technology self-starter, who can quickly teach yourself new platforms
In addition to the skills described above, you are:
- Mission-driven — we are a small and passionate team challenging the status quo of the healthcare industry. You need to be passionate about playing an integral part in helping us accomplish our mission and vision.
- Execution-oriented — you have a strong ability and desire to execute to the highest standard. You care deeply about the quality of your work and don’t cut corners.
- Highly organized and planful — you have the ability to manage multiple projects with strong attention to detail and prioritization skills.
- A strong communicator — you speak plainly and truthfully. You communicate complex ideas in a clear and easy-to-understand way.
- Highly collaborative — you have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively with a cross-functional team
Other Role Information:
- Job Type: Full-time
- Annual Salary: $70,000 - $80,000 CAD base
- Reporting Manager: Head of Sales
- Location: Currently remote, Toronto ON upon return to office
- Start Date: Flexible
- Paid vacation: 3 weeks
Working at Maple
We want you to love working at Maple. We want you to feel challenged and supported, cared for, and driven. Just as we’re driven to grow, to improve, to iterate our products and services, we want you to take the same mindset as you work towards achieving your personal best. We can all learn, we can all develop, and we can all power the future of healthcare. But we can only do it together. At Maple, we are a team first and foremost. Your success is our success.
In order to support your wellbeing, we offer an evolving set of benefits and perks, including:
- Health benefits: Comprehensive health & dental benefits and up to 3 primary care online consultations with a GP
- Maternity & parental leave benefits: Up to $8,000 supplemental unemployment benefit
- Emergency days: 10 emergency days, 5 of which are fully paid
- Flexible hours: For example, work from home Fridays
- Learning & development: Continuous feedback culture, semi-annual performance reviews and up to $600 professional development budget per fiscal year
- Healthy snacks or remote alternative
- Monthly team socials
Please note that any offer of employment may be subject to verification of employment/education background checks, including a criminal record check.
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Online medical visits, anytime 24/7. Sign up at https://getmaple.ca