Toronto, ON, Canada
As an Implementation Manager on the Clinical Operations team, you will have the opportunity to advance Maple’s mission of building a connected healthcare experience by helping to lead and execute on key strategic initiatives.
Reporting to the Vice President of Clinical Operations, your main objective will be to proactively manage key initiatives and strategic projects, creating end-to-end project plans, facilitating the execution of deliverables, and working collaboratively with internal departments or external stakeholders to manage dependencies, timelines and milestones to ensure all key targets are met.
You have a genuine passion for the healthcare industry, with a strong track record in managing large, complex programs or implementations. You enjoy thinking creatively, embracing challenges, balancing multiple priorities and working collaboratively with cross-functional teams to bring ideas to life. You have strong attention to detail and a bias toward action.
- Be a leader in the organization — you will be a point person for the Clinical Operations team, liaising with various other teams including but not limited to Business Development, Product Development, Marketing, Customer Support, and more. You will work collaboratively to motivate and guide internal teams to ensure projects are delivered according to plan.
- Support project-based implementation work — you will use strong problem-solving skills to structure problems, define project success criteria, build out project plans, and execute successful projects. This will include proactively managing changes in project scope, identifying and resolving issues, managing dependencies and developing key project materials including reports, proposals, presentations, requirements documentation, and more. An ability to drive work forward despite ambiguity will be key to success.
- Track and monitor key regulatory changes, and generate ideas to proactively update and improve processes — as our business grows, the clinical operations team will need to proactively track and monitor key regulatory changes that will impact our operations. You will play a role in research, tracking and monitoring of changes, as well as helping to evolve and update our processes accordingly.
- 3+ years experience in a healthcare project management role (public sector, consulting, healthcare, management consulting, government relations), with a track record of successfully delivering large, complex projects
- Evidence of tested project management skills, through past work experience or certifications such as the PMP Designation
- Experience or understanding of public healthcare funding mechanisms and physician billing (e.g., OHIP billing), considered an asset
- Undergraduate degree, ideally in science, health-related field, or business and management.
In addition to the skills described above, you are:
- Mission-driven — we are a small and passionate team challenging the status quo of the healthcare industry. You need to be passionate about playing an integral part in helping us accomplish our mission and vision.
- Execution-oriented — you have a strong ability and desire to execute to the highest standard. You care deeply about the quality of your work and don’t cut corners.
- Highly organized and planful — you have the ability to manage multiple projects with strong attention to detail and prioritization skills.
- A strong communicator — you speak plainly and truthfully. You communicate complex ideas in a clear and easy-to-understand way for any audience (e.g., internally with other business units, externally with vendors, clients, government, and executive teams).
- A self-starter — you thrive on creating solutions to problems that haven’t been solved before and have the ability to independently translate ideas and concepts into actionable plans.
- Highly collaborative — you have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively with a cross-functional team.
- Technologically savvy — you are comfortable working with a wide variety of web and mobile applications, and are adept at learning and mastering new technology platforms to enable your job responsibilities. You are a technology self-starter, who can quickly teach yourself new platforms and then act as a mentor to your team in their adoption.
Working at Maple
We want you to love working at Maple. We want you to feel challenged and supported, cared for, and driven. Just as we’re driven to grow, to improve, to iterate our products and services, we want you to take the same mindset as you work towards achieving your personal best. We can all learn, we can all develop, and we can all power the future of healthcare. But we can only do it together. At Maple, we are a team first and foremost. Your success is our success.
In order to support your wellbeing, we offer an evolving set of benefits and perks, including:
- Health benefits: Comprehensive health & dental benefits and up to 3 primary care online consultations with a GP
- Maternity & parental leave benefits: Up to $8,000 supplemental unemployment benefit
- Emergency days: 10 emergency days, 5 of which are fully paid
- Flexible hours: For example, work from home Fridays
- Learning & development: Continuous feedback culture, semi-annual performance reviews and up to $600 professional development budget per fiscal year
- Healthy snacks or remote alternative
- Monthly team socials
Please note that any offer of employment may be subject to verification of employment/education background checks, including a criminal record check.
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Your application has been successfully submitted.