Senior Front End Software Developer
Toronto, ON, Canada
As our newest Senior Front End Developer, you will have the opportunity to advance Maple’s mission of building a connected healthcare experience.
About the Role
We’re looking for passionate developers who thrive working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment, with an open culture and flat hierarchy. We’re looking to build our technology team to grow and scale Maple geographically, and across multiple business lines.
We need our developers to be versatile, display leadership qualities, and most importantly, feel excited about creating solutions and experiences that truly improve the lives of our customers.
You are someone who enjoys thinking creatively, solving through challenges, and coming up with fresh ideas to design the world’s leading virtual healthcare platform.
- Contribute to architecture and system-level decision
- Implement features and user interfaces for the Maple web & mobile experience
- Turn beautifully designed specifications into reality
- Help organize and manage weekly sprints
- Write maintainable, modular code
- Write tests for your code
- Collaborate with designers, engineers and non-technical teammates (e.g. operations, business development) to deliver legendary user-facing products
- Production experience with both React and React Native
- Experience with automated testing
- In addition to the skills described above, you are:
- Mission-driven — we are a small and passionate team challenging the status quo of the healthcare industry. You need to be passionate about playing an integral part in helping us accomplish our mission and vision
- Execution-oriented — you have a strong ability and desire to execute to the highest standard. You care deeply about the quality of your work and don’t cut corners
- Highly organized and planful — you have the ability to manage multiple projects with strong attention to detail and prioritization skills
- A strong communicator — you speak plainly and truthfully. You communicate complex ideas in a clear and easy-to-understand way
- Highly collaborative — you have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively with a cross-functional team
- Role Type: Full-time position
- Location: Remote during COVID
- Reporting Manager: Stuart Starr, Co-Founder, and CTO
- Start Date: Immediate
- Annual Salary: $100,000 to $120,000
- Paid Vacation: 3 weeks
- Benefits: Comprehensive health & dental benefits
Working at Maple
We want you to love working at Maple. We want you to feel challenged and supported, cared for, and driven. Just as we’re driven to grow, to improve, to iterate our products and services, we want you to take the same mindset as you work towards achieving your personal best. We can all learn, we can all develop, and we can all power the future of healthcare. But we can only do it together. At Maple, we are a team first and foremost. Your success is our success.
In order to support your wellbeing, we offer an evolving set of benefits and perks, including:
- Health benefits: Comprehensive health & dental benefits and up to 3 primary care online consultations with a GP
- Maternity & parental leave benefits: Up to $8,000 supplemental unemployment benefit
- Emergency days: 10 emergency days, 5 of which are fully paid
- Flexible hours: For example, work from home Fridays
- Learning & development: Continuous feedback culture, semi-annual performance reviews and up to $600 professional development budget per fiscal year
- Healthy snacks or remote alternative
- Monthly team socials
Please note that any offer of employment may be subject to verification of employment/education background checks, including a criminal record check.
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status
Your application has been successfully submitted.