Chief Technology Officer
Toronto, ON, Canada
KOHO is a quickly scaling FinTech company backed by leading investors and advisors from around the world. We started KOHO because we believe in doing two things:
Democratizing access to the best financial products and giving everyone a great financial foundation.
Since our journey began 5 years ago, we’ve raised more the $60M, grown the KOHO Collective to over 100 employees and created accounts for more than 250,000 Canadians.
About the Role
At KOHO, we're building the ultimate savings tool for all Canadians. As Chief Technology Officer, you will oversee approximately half the company, setting the strategic direction and vision to ensure we can continue to scale rapidly. As the CTO of the leading challenger bank in Canada, this role presents a unique opportunity to help define an industry.
You will be using your technology skills to help teams find solutions and solve problems in an industry mired in technical debt and customer misalignment. You'll build net-new solutions that shape our effectiveness for years.
Our dream candidate is a career polyglot technologist who understands the business dynamics and can fashion simple and graceful solutions where others only see challenges. Your passion for technology excellence is infectious, you are a resilient optimist, and a capable mentor for all levels of technology team members. You can establish technical credibility and leadership without resorting to hierarchy - and help teams build momentum around proposed solutions and directions.
- Own, define, and articulate a strategic technical vision for our organization
- Develop and embed excellent communication practices with the technical team and across the organization to ensure a high degree of alignment as we scale
- Attract and retain great talent at KOHO with a clear thesis for talent development, technical career tracks, and best in class recruiting practices
- Develop and oversee the implication of a 24/7 financial services architecture
- Shape, participate in, and own the evolution of KOHO values
- Embed a clear framework for productivity and velocity in order to ensure we're scaling effectively
- Shape and drive creative solutions in an industry mired in inertia and legacy solutions
Desired Skills & Experience
- 15+ years of progressive technology delivery experience
- Strong leadership track record of scaling technical infrastructure
- Clear thesis on technical team design, productivity, instrumentation, and velocity
- Experience leading high-performance software development teams, preferably in a B2C environment
- Technology polyglot including experience with Go, Angular, Python, Postgres, RabbitMQ, AWS, and GCP
- Experience with event-sourced microservices patterns
- Mobile app development experience for Android and iOS
- Experience and network which can help accelerate KOHO's hiring plans
- Financial service integration experience is a nice-to-have
Joining the (lovely!) KOHO Team
We invest time and resources into making sure KOHO is as good as the people we hire. Our culture is one of collaboration, creativity, and diverse perspective. Here are some of the reasons we attract the best people:
• Balance Your Life - Unlimited PTO, generous vacation, and a lifestyle spending account
• Level Up - Access to an onsite certified performance coach
• Reach Your Goals - Salary assessments twice a year, annual training allowance
• The KOHO Culture - We have won 5 "Great Place to Work ®" awards since 2019
The Fine Print
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and uniqueness at our company.
KOHO is trusted with highly sensitive information. Upon joining the team, you may be asked to undergo security screening including a criminal record check.
Your application has been successfully submitted.