Director, Credit Risk
Toronto, ON, Canada
KOHO is a quickly scaling FinTech company backed by leading investors and advisors from around the world. We started KOHO because we believe in doing two things:
Democratizing access to the best financial products and giving everyone a great financial foundation.
Since our journey began 5 years ago, we’ve raised more the $60M, grown the KOHO Collective to over 100 employees and created accounts for more than 250,000 Canadians.
About the Role
KOHO is growing, and we're looking for a Director of Credit Risk.
Reporting to the Vice President of Risk & Compliance, you'll lead the design, creation, launch and ongoing management of our credit program.
While this role primarily covers Credit Risk Management, some Fraud Management experience would be considered an asset. Candidates with experience in general areas of Risk Management are encouraged to apply.
This role offers a broad base of exposure to multiple areas of risk management, with an opportunity to make a significant impact within our organization.
- Reporting to the Vice President: Risk & Compliance, this role will be a key part of a team responsible for developing strategies and controls to manage areas of credit risk
- Design and launch consumer credit lending programs
- Lead build vs buy decisions, identifying external partners where appropriate
- Conduct and lead analysis to determine target loss rates, and execute on strategies to hit those targets
- Work with credit bureaus and other information sources to incorporate essential data into credit decisions
- Represent the credit risk function on company projects, proactively identifying areas of risk or AML concerns and working with stakeholders to develop solutions
- Ensure adherence to policies and processes related to retail lending
- Build tracking and monitor credit data at a portfolio level
- Design and launch a collections program
Desired Skills and Experience
- Proven experience in Credit Risk management within a financial institution
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- An ability to see the big picture while being comfortable with day-to-day responsibilities
- Clear and effective verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to manage and track multiple priorities
- Advanced Excel skills
- Proficiency in SQL is preferred
- People management experience is nice to have
- Experience in fraud management, particularly new account/identity fraud, will be considered an asset
Joining the (lovely!) KOHO Team
We invest time and resources into making sure KOHO is as good as the people we hire. Our culture is one of collaboration, creativity, and diverse perspective. Here are some of the reasons we attract the best people:
• Balance Your Life - Unlimited PTO, generous vacation, and a lifestyle spending account
• Level Up - Access to an onsite certified performance coach
• Reach Your Goals - Salary assessments twice a year, annual training allowance
• The KOHO Culture - We have won 5 "Great Place to Work ®" awards since 2019
The Fine Print
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and uniqueness at our company.
KOHO is trusted with highly sensitive information. Upon joining the team, you may be asked to undergo security screening including a criminal record check.
Your application has been successfully submitted.