Head of People & Culture
Toronto, ON, Canada
KOHO is a quickly scaling FinTech company backed by leading investors and advisors from around the world. We started KOHO because we believe in doing two things:
Democratizing access to the best financial products and giving everyone a great financial foundation.
Since our journey began 5 years ago, we’ve raised more the $60M, grown the KOHO Collective to over 100 employees and created accounts for more than 250,000 Canadians.
About the Role
Do you love to restore order in the midst of chaos? Do you thrive in dynamic, fast-paced environments where you’re required to wear many hats?
We’re growing fast, and we’re on the lookout for a strategic leader to align the objectives of the business with the people and culture strategy. The ideal candidate will be a catalyst for our culture, has a successful record of growing people and the ability to influence and drive change.
- Lead and mentor a People and Culture team combining strategic HR planning with day to day execution
- Function as a trusted advisor to the leadership team and assist in talent and succession planning strategies
- Create a competitive employment brand for KOHO that attracts and retains the best talent
- Analyze metrics and propose strategies to improve employee engagement, morale, productivity and retention
- Build a forward-thinking performance management process that promotes excellence and drives ongoing, multi-directional feedback
- Build scalable professional development programs that aid in growing the team’s employee capabilities and promote career progression
- Analyze the existing total compensation package and plan for a scalable future compensation strategy
- Lead teams and individuals through difficult situations, employee relations, mediating and performance management issues
- Actively ensure company compliance with changing employment laws within Canada
- Coach leaders, managers and high-potential employees in developing leadership capabilities and skills; set up training, mentorship opportunities and ongoing development programs
- Keep a pulse on the most innovative people practices
- Build a diversity and inclusion initiative
Desired Skills & Experience
- 12+ years of progressive HR / People leadership experience preferably in the startup, tech industry or in an organization with a strong reputation for industry leading HR practices
- Experience scaling and growing high-performing teams and processes
- Passion for exceptional talent acquisition and talent management strategies
- Experience leading, growing and developing an HR team
- Strong working knowledge of Canadian employment law, practices, policies, and models
- Proven experience working in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities
- Compassionate with a deep interest in contributing to the success of others
- Clear, honest and direct communicator
- Bachelor’s degree within related field required; Master’s degree a plus
- CHRL or CHRE
Joining the (lovely!) KOHO Team
We invest time and resources into making sure KOHO is as good as the people we hire. Our culture is one of collaboration, creativity, and diverse perspective. Here are some of the reasons we attract the best people:
• Balance Your Life - Unlimited PTO, generous vacation, and a lifestyle spending account
• Level Up - Access to an onsite certified performance coach
• Reach Your Goals - Salary assessments twice a year, annual training allowance
• The KOHO Culture - We have won 5 "Great Place to Work ®" awards since 2019
The Fine Print
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and uniqueness at our company.
KOHO is trusted with highly sensitive information. Upon joining the team, you may be asked to undergo security screening including a criminal record check.
Your application has been successfully submitted.