This job is no longer accepting applications.
KOHO is a quickly scaling FinTech company backed by leading investors and advisors from around the world. We started KOHO because we believe in doing two things:
Democratizing access to the best financial products and giving everyone a great financial foundation.
Since our journey began 5 years ago, we’ve raised more the $60M, grown the KOHO Collective to over 100 employees and created accounts for more than 250,000 Canadians.
About the Role
KOHO is seeking In-house Legal Counsel with a strong multi-disciplinary background to support us through our next phase of growth.
- Draft, review, negotiate and advise internal stakeholders and negotiate with external counterparts on a variety of commercial agreements, including third party agreements, operations agreements, services agreements, partnerships, and marketing agreements
- Work with regulators regarding key developments of payment schemes in Canada
- Research, identify and consult on legal risks in connection with the development of new products, and create legal structures to mitigate them
- Liaise with specialist external counsel in relation to original new products, expansion into new market verticals and areas relating to compliance, privacy, or security
- Develop and implement processes for efficient and streamlined operations surrounding contract negotiation and processes
- Develop and maintain form agreements, contract management systems, and other databases
Desired Skills and Experience
- Excellent academic and law firm credentials
- Hold a current practicing certificate
- 6+ years of strong experience as a private practice lawyer dealing with financial services at a top law firm or in-house role
- Ideally, you are able to demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of the Canadian payments regulatory landscape, privacy and disclosure law, and other legal areas related to a Fintech startup.
Joining the (lovely!) KOHO Team
We invest time and resources into making sure KOHO is as good as the people we hire. Our culture is one of collaboration, creativity, and diverse perspective. Here are some of the reasons we attract the best people:
• Balance Your Life - Unlimited PTO, generous vacation, and a lifestyle spending account
• Level Up - Access to an onsite certified performance coach
• Reach Your Goals - Salary assessments twice a year, annual training allowance
• The KOHO Culture - We have won 5 "Great Place to Work ®" awards since 2019
The Fine Print
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and uniqueness at our company.
KOHO is trusted with highly sensitive information. Upon joining the team, you may be asked to undergo security screening including a criminal record check.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
A smart spending account that’s changing the way Canadians save money. Load money, earn cash back, build savings, and repeat 🇨🇦