This job is no longer accepting applications.
KOHO is a quickly scaling FinTech company backed by leading investors and advisors from around the world. We started KOHO because we believe in doing two things:
Democratizing access to the best financial products and giving everyone a great financial foundation.
Since our journey began 5 years ago, we’ve raised more the $60M, grown the KOHO Collective to over 100 employees and created accounts for more than 250,000 Canadians.
About the Role
The Financial Controller will own the accounting function at KOHO. Apart from traditional duties, the Controller will play a strategic role by using their expertise and experience to set up our accounting function for scale and advising management on the accounting implications of new product lines.
- Manage the accounting team and function at KOHO
- Ensure KOHO’s audit is completed on a timely basis; complete regulatory filings on time and ensure all financial compliances are adhered to
- Ensure KOHO’s monthly books are closed on time and accurately
- Manage timely payments for AP, collection of AR and payroll processing
- Maximize KOHO’s SR&ED claim
- Build processes to streamline and scale accounting activities
- Research accounting standards as applicable and advice management on the accounting implications of new product lines
Desired Skills & Experience
- CPA with at least 5 years of post qualification experience
- At least 3 years of experience in the banking or financial services sector in the accounting function
- Experience working with external auditors
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Proven ability to work independently as well as with the team and external parties
- Able to work within deadlines and adjust priorities to accommodate changing tasks
- Self motivated individual; proactive; self-starter; flexible and adaptable
- Audit experience at a Big 4 firm a big plus
- Experience leading teams a plus
- Experience managing due diligence requests a plus
- Experience with Xero, Receipt Bank, Plooto, Expensify a plus
Joining the (lovely!) KOHO Team
We invest time and resources into making sure KOHO is as good as the people we hire. Our culture is one of collaboration, creativity, and diverse perspective. Here are some of the reasons we attract the best people:
• Balance Your Life - Unlimited PTO, generous vacation, and a lifestyle spending account
• Level Up - Access to an onsite certified performance coach
• Reach Your Goals - Salary assessments twice a year, annual training allowance
• The KOHO Culture - We have won 5 "Great Place to Work ®" awards since 2019
The Fine Print
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and uniqueness at our company.
KOHO is trusted with highly sensitive information. Upon joining the team, you may be asked to undergo security screening including a criminal record check.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
A smart spending account that’s changing the way Canadians save money. Load money, earn cash back, build savings, and repeat 🇨🇦