Toronto, ON, Canada
KOHO is a quickly scaling FinTech company backed by leading investors and advisors from around the world. We started KOHO because we believe in doing two things:
Democratizing access to the best financial products and giving everyone a great financial foundation.
Since our journey began 5 years ago, we’ve raised more the $60M, grown the KOHO Collective to over 100 employees and created accounts for more than 250,000 Canadians.
About the Role
We're building a world-class financial product and we need someone to help take our data operations to the next level. Our team is growing fast, and we’re looking for a Data Scientist to join us. You understand the data-driven decision making needs of a high-growth organization and are focused on concrete outcomes and KPIs. You look for the highest leverage solution to the most important problems, through either pragmatic analysis, a predictive model, or unsupervised learning methods.
- Designing and developing statistical models for prediction or classification tasks
- Assisting with model deployment and monitoring, as well as re-training or updating when necessary
- Coordinating and maintaining communication with business stakeholders on data science-related projects
- Creating dashboards or conducting ad-hoc analysis to answer pertinent or urgent data-related questions
- Documenting results, insights and methodology on a project by project basis
Desired Skills and Experience
- 3+ years of experience working with data and engineering teams
- Ability to get hands on: modelling, analysis, cleansing, documenting
- Expert knowledge of Python and SQL
- Strong communication skills both written and oral
- Exposure to measuring business outcomes of machine learning models in production is highly valued
- Some experience with cloud-based platforms such as AWS or GCP
- Passionate about applying data science in financial services, with ideas on how and where to improve customer’s financial lives
- Experience in consumer finance, particularly in areas such as fraud, anti-money laundering or lending
- Experience deploying models in a production environment, and integrating them into SaaS infrastructure
Joining the (lovely!) KOHO Team
We invest time and resources into making sure KOHO is as good as the people we hire. Our culture is one of collaboration, creativity, and diverse perspective. Here are some of the reasons we attract the best people:
• Balance Your Life - Unlimited PTO, generous vacation, and a lifestyle spending account
• Level Up - Access to an onsite certified performance coach
• Reach Your Goals - Salary assessments twice a year, annual training allowance
• The KOHO Culture - We have won 5 "Great Place to Work ®" awards since 2019
The Fine Print
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and uniqueness at our company.
KOHO is trusted with highly sensitive information. Upon joining the team, you may be asked to undergo security screening including a criminal record check.
Your application has been successfully submitted.