Toronto, ON, Canada
KOHO is a quickly scaling FinTech company backed by leading investors and advisors from around the world. We started KOHO because we believe in doing two things:
Democratizing access to the best financial products and giving everyone a great financial foundation.
Since our journey began 5 years ago, we’ve raised more the $60M, grown the KOHO Collective to over 100 employees and created accounts for more than 250,000 Canadians.
About the Role
As our newest Data Engineer, you would bring your database design sense and meticulous standards for clean data to the table. More than just understanding the strategic importance of data in a financial context, you’re eager to roll up your sleeves and build the infrastructure to support it. We value potential as much as we value experience, so if you think you’d be a great fit we’d love to hear from you.
- Maintaining clean and consistent access to all our data sources
- Providing a solid foundation for calculating key business metrics
- Maintaining data infrastructure to keep up with the product roadmap
- Understanding data lineage and governance for a variety of data sources
- Communicating updates and changes to the broader data team as well as contributing to and maintaining data-related documentation
Desired Skills & Experience
- Minimum of three years of experience working with data
- Able to design efficient and scalable cloud architectures
- Experience writing complex SQL Queries
- Knowledge of ETL patterns, including testing and maintenance
- Familiar with relational / non-relational database approaches and knowing which to apply where and when
- Understanding of hot/warm/cold data concepts and when each is appropriate
- Understanding of event-driven and stream-based processing patterns
- Ability to think holistically about uses of data, designing for ease of data access
- Working knowledge of one of Python, Java
- Experience with Kubernetes cluster management is an asset
- Experience with data processing frameworks such as Apache Spark
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform (BigQuery, Dataflow, PubSub)
- Knowledge of Go
Joining the (lovely!) KOHO Team
We invest time and resources into making sure KOHO is as good as the people we hire. Our culture is one of collaboration, creativity, and diverse perspective. Here are some of the reasons we attract the best people:
• Balance Your Life - Unlimited PTO, generous vacation, and a lifestyle spending account
• Level Up - Access to an onsite certified performance coach
• Reach Your Goals - Salary assessments twice a year, annual training allowance
• The KOHO Culture - We have won 5 "Great Place to Work ®" awards since 2019
The Fine Print
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and uniqueness at our company.
KOHO is trusted with highly sensitive information. Upon joining the team, you may be asked to undergo security screening including a criminal record check.
Your application has been successfully submitted.