Product Design Lead
Toronto, ON, Canada Remote
As a design lead, you are primarily responsible for helping designers create high-quality work while designing meaningful growth paths. Your goal is to grow Junior and Intermediate designers into Senior Designers through ongoing support, coaching and collaboration.
You’ll still design in pixels, but you’ll also play an important role in a project’s success through goal setting: ensuring we’re meeting our initiative and/or company-wide goals as well as feature-specific micro-KPI’s. Designers look to you to provide clear direction and hard skills development through project support, skills matrix evaluations, and more.
As a Design leader, you ensure that all voices are heard in the design process, and facilitate design studios and other collaborative sessions to bring the best ideas to life.
Your Focus Areas
- Design Operations (Managing tooling and contributing to Design Systems)
- Production Design
- Mentorship and Growth
- Community and Thought Leadership
- An inspiring and inclusive environment for the design team
- Project success (for yourself and your team)
- High-quality design work that meets design principles and quality standards
- Robust tooling and seamless Design Ops processes
- 5+ years of cumulative product design experience at a digital product agency or consultancy (with some of this time spent in a lead or mentorship role)
- A degree, diploma, certificate or equivalent in Design, Human-Computer Interaction, or other design-related discipline
- Experience running design operations and exhibiting previous product team leadership skills (being accountable to metrics, etc.) are also recommended.
- Although education and training are one path to we optimize for experience designing cross-platform products, mentoring other designers and planning designer career paths.
We believe that diverse teams perform better, and that fostering an inclusive work environment is a key part of growing a successful team. We welcome people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to working with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.
Your application has been successfully submitted.