Director of Design
Toronto, ON, Canada Remote
As Director of Design, you’re responsible for the design of League products, the evolution of our Design practice, and leveraging it to drive business outcomes. You’ll play a unique role, growing and managing a design team across both Product and Marketing.
You are also primarily responsible for helping designers create high-quality work while designing meaningful growth paths. Your goal is to grow Intermediate, Senior and Lead Designers through ongoing support, coaching and collaboration.
You’ll translate your skills designing in pixels to creating meaningful processes and tools for the team. You’ll also play an important role in our overall product’s success through goal setting and roadmapping: ensuring we’re meeting our initiative and/or company-wide goals as well as feature-specific micro-KPI’s. Designers look to you to provide clear direction and skills development through project support, skills matrix evaluations, and more.
As a Design leader, you ensure that all voices are heard in the design process, and facilitate design studios and other collaborative sessions to bring the best ideas to life – all while being a partner to other leaders throughout the organization.
Your Focus Areas
- Design Direction and Strategy (In partnership with the broader Product Leadership team)
- Design Operations (Managing tooling and enabling contributions to Design Systems)
- Mentorship and Growth (Designing tools and systems for career planning and evaluation)
- Community and Thought Leadership
- Create an inspiring and inclusive environment for the design team
- Ensure product success across our range of product verticals and audiences
- Deliver high-quality design work that meets design principles and quality standards
- Manage robust tooling and seamless Design Ops processes
- 5+ years of cumulative product design leadership experience at a digital product organization or consultancy (with some of this time spent in a Senior leadership role, ex. Director level and up)
- Experience running design operations and exhibiting previous product team leadership skills (being accountable to metrics, etc.) are also a must
- Nice to have: a degree, diploma, certificate or equivalent in Design, Human-Computer Interaction, or other design-related discipline (Note: Although education and training are one path to this role, we optimize for experience designing products that have raving fans and building world-class design teams)
We believe that diverse teams perform better, and that fostering an inclusive work environment is a key part of growing a successful team. We welcome people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to working with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.
Your application has been successfully submitted.