Software Engineer, Security Engineering
Toronto, ON, Canada
We’re looking for a Software Engineer to join the Security Engineering team to help us build and integrate security tools. In this role, you will be immersed into the world of security and privacy and will have a unique opportunity to learn from security engineers while focusing on shipping critical security features to our engineering team and customers.
To thrive in this role, you are someone who works well in teams and enjoys collaborating. Furthermore, you understand the business impact of your code and enjoy incorporating business objectives into your approach to development. You enjoy working with product management to find the best solution to the problem at hand, and can balance technical tradeoffs with delivering customer value quickly and iteratively.
Our platform and applications run on Google Cloud. We build backend services with Go and MongoDB, a web frontend with React and Redux, and native Android and iOS applications.
You may not have expertise in our particular programming languages or technologies, but that’s okay. What’s important to League is your ability to take ownership and solve problems, as well as your collaborative spirit and drive for professional growth.
- Build and integrate security tools into League’s software stack
- Join feature teams to support security initiatives
- Take part in on-call rotation that investigates and responds to security incidents
- Uphold standards for quality by performing code reviews, fixing bugs, creating automated tests, and monitoring performance
- Live our team values of ownership, pragmatism, cooperation, and empathy for our customers
- You are passionate about securing data and user’s privacy
- You are eager to build security systems such as identity platforms and encryption as a service
- You have experience building scalable, fault-tolerant web services
- You know how to write high-quality, testable code, and understand the tradeoffs between expediency and maintainability
- You understand how the web works and what a good API looks like
Nice to Have
- Working knowledge of Go and MongoDB
- Experience working directly with Google Cloud Platform
- Experience in a startup environment
We believe that diverse teams perform better, and that fostering an inclusive work environment is a key part of growing a successful team. We welcome people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to working with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.
Your application has been successfully submitted.