This job is no longer accepting applications.
A VP of Data leads our data engineering teams, core data science and data analytics teams and is expected to take complete ownership over their team’s performance and contribution to company-wide goals. This role will also define and drive the strategy for data at League as we continue to scale.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop and drive the vision and strategy for data at League.
- Own and be accountable for all aspects of the data teams delivery. Champion data security, privacy, scalability, integrity, accessibility and data-driven decision making at the company by building the right tools, culture and processes.
- Develop and lead recruiting processes which are inclusive and welcoming to a diverse pool of candidates.
- Have a strong understanding of the business, company goals, priorities, and strategy.
- Set relevant, company-aligned strategy, measurable quarterly objectives and key results (OKRs) for the data teams and lead them to completion.
- Maintain relationships with executive staff and colleagues throughout the company.
- Build a high performing team through the ongoing development of current team members and the recruitment of top-tier talent.
- Proactively identify areas of improvement throughout the company where data teams can make a difference and work with other teams to put those improvements into practice.
- Adhere to all system operation policies including but not limited to Access Control, Encryption Control, Logging, Change Management, Platform Security, System Configuration, Physical and Incident Management policies.
- Build and maintain a high-performance data teams
- Ensure teams deliver high-quality solutions to meet organization objectives
Required Education / Certificates / Experience
- 10+ years experience building software applications
- 5+ years of experience in product analytics, data science, business intelligence, data quality, and data engineering
- 5+ Experience managing engineering teams
- A passion for nurturing the careers of the people on your team and developing the next generation of leaders
Attributes / Characteristics
- Thoughtful people leader capable of motivating and inspiring confidence
- Understands and practices agile software development
- Capable of identifying problems before they occur and helping the team to reach solutions and make decisions
- Excels at getting the team to focus on the highest priority/value features/projects
- Represent data engineering in cross-functional projects and to the company at large
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Mentors emerging team leaders and engineering managers
We believe that diverse teams perform better, and that fostering an inclusive work environment is a key part of growing a successful team. We welcome people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to working with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The health benefits experience platform for the world's most forward-thinking organizations.