Toronto, ON, Canada
As an Engineering Manager , you will be responsible for building features that put our members in the driver’s seat through direct access to products and services in our marketplace and through engaging health programs. This team is also responsible for delivering insights to our members and customers, powered by our health data platform.
Our mobile, web, and backend developers work together in small cross-functional teams, collaborating closely with product managers and UX designers to rapidly deliver high quality features to our members. As a leader, you will be held accountable for the success of your team's work, including product delivery, as well as the performance and growth of individuals on your team.
To thrive in this role, you are someone who works well in teams and enjoys collaborating. You enjoy working with product management to find the best solution to the problem at hand, and can coach developers to balance technical tradeoffs with delivering customer value quickly and iteratively.
Our platform and applications run on Google Cloud. We build backend services with Go and MongoDB, a web frontend with React and Redux, and native Android and iOS applications. We ship code to production multiple times per week, and we’re always looking to improve both the quality and speed of our releases.
You may not have expertise in our particular programming languages or technologies, but that’s okay. What’s important to League is your ability to take ownership and solve problems, as well as your collaborative spirit and drive for professional growth.
- Collaborate with product and UX leads to plan projects, clarify requirements, and influence our product roadmap
- Drive productive technical design sessions and discussions, ensuring the right people are involved, and that decisions are well documented
- Manage the growth and development of your team, e.g. regular 1:1s with team members, setting objectives, tracking career growth
- Champion engineering best practices across the entire engineering organization
- Take a leadership role in our recruiting, hiring, and onboarding processes
- You have experience leading and growing engineering teams
- You understand how to plan, build, test, and maintain complex software applications
- You have an appreciation for pragmatism and simplicity in code
- You are focused on results, including communicating and solving problems as they arrive
- You enjoy helping onboard new team members, mentoring, and teaching others
Nice to Have
- Experience in a startup environment
- Experience working on mobile applications development
We believe that diverse teams perform better, and that fostering an inclusive work environment is a key part of growing a successful team. We welcome people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to working with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.
Your application has been successfully submitted.