This job is no longer accepting applications.
We're looking for a Data Engineer to help us build secure, scalable and reliable infrastructure and pipelines to support our growing data and Machine Learning needs. In this role, you will work as part of a small multi-disciplinary team to establish and evangelize the data and AI driven culture. This team will not only work with the product team closely but will also support non-engineering functions like Marketing and Business Strategy. To thrive in this role, you are someone who works well in cross-functional teams and enjoys collaborating. Furthermore, you understand the business impact of your work and enjoy measuring and presenting it. You enjoy leading and working with product management and other stakeholders to find the best solution to the problem at hand, iterate over it and can balance technical complexity with delivering customer value timely.
Our platform and applications run on Google Cloud. Our current pipelines are built with Airflow and Python and use MongoDB and PostgreSQL as the data store and warehouse. You will be working on building infrastructure for real-time and batch pipelines to ingest and transform data from a variety of sources. You will have an opportunity to experiment with new frameworks and paradigms, and freedom to put cutting-edge tech in production to shape the future of digital health!
What you'll be doing:
- Translate business needs into data and analytics requirements, with attention to details
- Utilize a variety of distributed computing platforms and tools to build scalable ETL / machine learning pipelines to meet the team's objective
- Analyze, tune, troubleshoot and support the data infrastructure ensuring the performance, integrity, and security of data
- Use sound agile development practices (testing and code reviewing, etc.) to develop and deliver data products
- Mentor and level up other engineers and analysts
- You have strong analytical skills and can evangelize the use of data for sound decision making across functions
- You are a strong problem solver and can communicate the challenges and solutions effectively
- You have the mindset of designing for future but building for now
- You keep an active eye on security and privacy in the data pipelines and stores
- You are eager to learn from others and help others grow with you
Nice to Have:
- Working knowledge of modern machine learning frameworks like Keras and TensorFlow
- Experience in a startup environment
We believe that diverse teams perform better, and that fostering an inclusive work environment is a key part of growing a successful team. We welcome people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to working with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The health benefits experience platform for the world's most forward-thinking organizations.