Toronto, ON, Canada
The Data Analyst we are looking for will make a big impact on our product and our marketing efforts by helping gain insight into our app and better understand our customers’ behaviour. You will be part of a small, multi-disciplinary data team and will also work closely with stakeholders to support their business and marketing strategies. You will support these stakeholders in several ways, including collecting and manipulating raw and modelled data, analyzing user behaviour, building reports and dashboards, and designing and evaluating A/B tests.
To thrive in this role, you are someone who works well in cross-functional teams and enjoys collaborating. Furthermore, you understand the business impact of your work and enjoy measuring and presenting it. You enjoy leading and working with product management and other stakeholders to find the best solution to the problem at hand, iterate over it and can balance technical complexity with delivering customer value timely.
Our platform and applications run on Google Cloud. Our current pipelines are built with Airflow and Python and use MongoDB and PostgreSQL as the data store and warehouse. You will be writing new ETL jobs and maintaining existing ones as our product continually evolves and we ask increasingly sophisticated questions of our data.
In this role you will:
- Work closely with one or more product squads helping them to identify product opportunities and inform or guide product decisions
- Collaboratively define KPIs and Outcomes to determine success of product initiatives and features
- Deep dive into specific user behaviour questions and anomalies to identify root causes and understand sources
- Design and evaluate A/B tests to identify product optimizations and improvements
- Work with engineering teams on tracking requirement definitions to ensure quality data collection and measurement is top of mind and properly implemented
- Design and apply unified reporting and tracking standards to easily report and track KPIs across business units
- Drive data application efficiencies and scalability with self serve and automated reporting where possible
- Working within existing BI framework and building data models to support analysis and reporting
- You have strong analytical skills and can evangelize the use of data for sound decision making across functions
- You are a strong problem solver and can communicate the challenges and solutions effectively
- You have the mindset of designing for future but building for now
- You keep an active eye on security and privacy in the data pipelines and stores
- You are eager to learn from others and help others grow with you
- You have strong attention to detail and proven analytical skills
Must Have Skills:
- You have advanced SQL skills and experience writing efficient queries from large datasets
- You have experience with data warehousing and ETL fundamentals
- You have experience using Python for statistical analysis
- You have elementary statistics knowledge for A/B test design and measurement
- You have built reports using B.I. tools such as Tableau, Looker, Mode or Periscope Data
- You have experience w Google Analytics or other Client Side behavioural tracking best practices and modelling
Nice to Have Skills:
- You have used Jupyter notebooks for analysis using Python
- You have worked with 3rd party split testing suites such as Optimizely or Google Optimize
- You have experience cleaning and working with JSON data
- You have experience with SQL and DB performance optimization
- You have worked with SQL features such as JSON parsing/unesting, CTEs and window functions
We believe that diverse teams perform better, and that fostering an inclusive work environment is a key part of growing a successful team. We welcome people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to working with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.
Your application has been successfully submitted.