Vice President, Product
This job is no longer accepting applications.
BlueDot is growing and as a result we are looking for a VP, Product to act as a key member on our leadership team reporting directly to our CEO.
In the role, you will oversee and manage our suite of innovative software and data products. From strategy, to requirements gathering and documentation, to implementation and delivery, your role will be to develop our product strategy and to oversee the day-to-day management and delivery of BlueDot’s various products and ensure their commercial success.
You will work cross-functionally with all teams, sitting at the intersection of business, technology, design, data, and science, combining strategy, leadership, product management, and commercialization – with the end goal of building and delivering exceptional and impactful products that meet BlueDot’s current and future client needs and solve meaningful challenges.
Who we are:
BlueDot protects people around the world from infectious diseases using human and artificial intelligence. Our software-as-a-service solution combines medical and public health expertise with advanced data analytics to track, contextualize, and mitigate infectious disease risks. Our global early warning system combines more than 100 datasets with proprietary algorithms to deliver critical insights on the spread of infectious diseases. In December 2019, we flagged an undiagnosed respiratory syndrome in Wuhan, China. In January 2020, we published the world's first scientific paper on COVID-19, accurately predicting its global spread.
Our team understands the complexity of the challenge in front of us – and that the urgency to solve the problem has never been greater.
BlueDot’s culture as described by our people is the diversity, openness, creativity, respect, intelligence, and kindness we share with each other. We are hard workers, motivated by a common purpose and excited to collaborate with a team who come from diverse backgrounds and schools of thought. We are a Certified B Corp, which means we meet rigorous standards of social and environmental performance, accountability, and transparency. We have also been recognized as a Best Place to Work for Women, Best StartUp and a top 25 Best Workplace in the country!
Our shared values:
Our values are not just words on a wall. They are our compass and they guide us in our work, in the decisions we make and in how we treat each other:
- Driven by Purpose - We are united by a purpose that is bigger than ourselves. We are on a mission to create a healthier, safer and more prosperous world.
- Do No Harm - Dealing with lives, we must be intentional, diligent, and precise.
- Think Without Borders - When we free our minds from conventional thinking, impossible challenges become possible.
- Strength in Diversity - We’re better at solving complex problems when we draw from our diverse backgrounds and experiences. We are composed of an intentionally eclectic collective of people with varying expertise united in a singular desire to outsmart infectious disease, every voice is heard and valued.
- Success from Happiness - We believe that happiness is an essential ingredient for success.
What you will do in more detail:
- Leading and overseeing BlueDot’s product portfolio from end to end. This means working closely across multiple teams to understand business objectives, market opportunities, and customer pain points to translate them into meaningful requirements
- Hiring and managing a team of Product Managers and supporting their growth and development through coaching and mentorship
- Gaining a deep understanding of customer experience, identifying and filling product gaps, improving customer experience and driving growth of BlueDot’s SaaS software product portfolio, including client-facing web and mobile applications, as well as DaaS/API services
- Working closely with our client success team to collect feedback, deliver an exceptional customer experience and adapt roadmap to meet our clients’ needs
- Managing and coordinating the agile lifecycle as product owner, including discovery, requirement definition, backlog management, sprint execution, release planning, UAT and communicating tasks & milestones across internal teams
- Working with user experience designers to ensure the end product meets and exceeds customer wants and needs
- Working with our software development and QA teams to ensure the product is robust, well-tested, and meets requirements before release
- Working with our scientific team to ensure BlueDot’s products are solving meaningful challenges
- Working with our commercialization team to ensure we are building and delivering exceptional and impactful products that fulfill our revenue objectives
- Tracking and reporting on KPIs, product development status, and related product and business metrics
- Making release updates visible throughout the organization and clients, via regular demos and notes
- Driving business value for the product by working with BlueDot’s business, science, technology, and design teams to prioritize the backlog of features and fixes, and communicating that value to the team, clients and other stakeholders
What you bring to BlueDot:
- 7+ years’ experience in a senior product leadership role
- A Bachelor’s degree or higher and/or a mix of experience and education in a relevant field
- A proven record of successfully managing successful SaaS software products from inception to delivery
- A strong agile project management background to manage schedule, dependencies, risk, change management, and release process
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with ability to anticipate roadblocks, grasp complexities and relationship between issues, while finding solutions to get the job done
- Solid technical background with understanding and/or hands-on experience in user-centric software development, web technologies and headless data-driven software products
- Highly self-motivated with the ability to inspire and motivate others
- Results oriented, proactive, and flexible with a strong sense of urgency
- An aptitude to effectively relay complex information to other team members
- Exceptional collaborative and relationship building skills to effectively work with team members, peers, and leadership
- Experience working in the healthcare sector a strong bonus
What we offer our team:
- Meaningful work that truly has purpose
- As a smaller, agile team, we offer roles with impact
- Your contributions are integral, your voice will be heard
- A competitive comprehensive compensation package
- Outstanding health, vision and dental benefits
- Generous vacation and other PTO
We are currently working remotely due to COVID-19 until January 2021 or longer, but when we are back, we offer:
- Fresh fruit and healthy office snacks
- Downtown office with beautiful lake views, minutes from Union station
Together let’s create a healthier, safer, and more prosperous world.
For more information, visit us at: http://bluedot.global
BlueDot is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a diverse, inclusive and accessible workplace for all. All qualified applicants will receive fair consideration without regard to race, religion, citizenship, colour, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, marital status, disability, or other protected characteristics.
BlueDot is committed to fair and accessible employment practices. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please let us know how we can best meet your needs and advise us of any accommodations required to ensure fair and equitable access throughout the recruitment and selection process.
We thank and appreciate all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No agencies, headhunters or recruiters please.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
BlueDot empowers responses to infectious disease risk using human and artificial intelligence.