Full Stack Software Developer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
BlueDot continues to grow! Our software development team is looking to add an individual who is talented and passionate about building software solutions that can be applied to our early warning system for infectious diseases.
As a Full Stack Software Developer you have a solid computer science knowledge background and extensive experience. You thrive when architecting, implementing and testing a modern advanced software systems.
Who we are:
BlueDot protects people around the world from infectious diseases using human and artificial intelligence. Our software-as-a-service solution combines medical and public health expertise with advanced data analytics to track, contextualize, and mitigate infectious disease risks. Our global early warning system combines more than 100 datasets with proprietary algorithms to deliver critical insights on the spread of infectious diseases. In December 2019, we flagged an undiagnosed respiratory syndrome in Wuhan, China. In January 2020, we published the world's first scientific paper on COVID-19, accurately predicting its global spread.
Our team understands the complexity of the challenge in front of us – and that the urgency to solve the problem has never been greater.
BlueDot’s culture as described by our people is the diversity, openness, creativity, respect, intelligence, and kindness we share with each other. We are hard workers, motivated by a common purpose and excited to collaborate with a team who come from diverse backgrounds and schools of thought. We are a Certified B Corp, which means we meet rigorous standards of social and environmental performance, accountability, and transparency. We have also been recognized as a Best Place to Work for Women, Best StartUp and a top 25 Best Workplace in the country!
Our shared values:
Our values are not just words on a wall. They are our compass and they guide us in our work, in the decisions we make and in how we treat each other:
- Driven by Purpose - We are united by a purpose that is bigger than ourselves. We are on a mission to create a healthier, safer and more prosperous world.
- Do No Harm - Dealing with lives, we must be intentional, diligent, and precise.
- Think Without Borders - When we free our minds from conventional thinking, impossible challenges become possible.
- Strength in Diversity - We’re better at solving complex problems when we draw from our diverse backgrounds and experiences. We are composed of an intentionally eclectic collective of people with varying expertise united in a singular desire to outsmart infectious disease, every voice is heard and valued.
- Success from Happiness - We believe that happiness is an essential ingredient for success.
What you will do in more detail:
- Work with sophisticated world-class team of experienced software developers
- Design, implement and test very advanced mobile friendly web applications
- Help design and implement software quality control procedures and policies
- Mentor junior developers and lead them technically
What you bring to BlueDot:
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent experience
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft .Net Core and C#
- Knowledge and experience with MS SQL and other relational and non-relational databases
- Experience with source code control frameworks (Git).
- Proven experience in software development life cycle and methodologies
- Familiarity with Artificial Intelligence and NLP technologies
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage personal time and priorities effectively
- Work well collaboratively on a team as an essential team contributor
What we offer our team:
- Meaningful work that truly has purpose
- As a smaller, agile team, we offer roles with impact
- Your contributions are integral, your voice will be heard
- A competitive comprehensive compensation package
- Outstanding health, vision and dental benefits
- Generous vacation and other PTO
We are currently working remotely due to COVID-19 until January 2021 or longer, but when we are back, we offer:
- Fresh fruit and healthy office snacks
- Downtown office with beautiful lake views, minutes from Union station
Together let’s create a healthier, safer, and more prosperous world.
For more information, visit us at: http://bluedot.global
BlueDot is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a diverse, inclusive and accessible workplace for all. All qualified applicants will receive fair consideration without regard to race, religion, citizenship, colour, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, marital status, disability, or other protected characteristics.
BlueDot is committed to fair and accessible employment practices. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please let us know how we can best meet your needs and advise us of any accommodations required to ensure fair and equitable access throughout the recruitment and selection process.
We thank and appreciate all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
BlueDot empowers responses to infectious disease risk using human and artificial intelligence.