Montreal, QC, Canada
Dialogue is a pioneering telemedicine company, dedicated exclusively to the world’s leading organizations. We elevate expectations and experiences through standard-setting healthcare practice, security, and utilization.
Our innovative, in-house technology improves the efficiency of the consultation to allow for more meaningful time with our expert, multi-disciplinary team. We call this: Humanized Healthcare™. Thanks to the largest and most experienced team of healthcare professionals in Canada, we offer true continuity of care as patients can talk to the same healthcare professional. Follow-ups help ensure our members are on the mend and have taken the next steps required. We help connect with local specialists or resources, as well as a broad range of services.
Our results-based approach ensures long-lasting health outcomes for organizations and their members.
We are proud to deliver much needed care to millions of Canadians through thousands of organizations. We raised over $100M from top investors suchs as CDPQ, Sun Life, Portag3 Ventures, White Star Capital, Holtzbrinck Ventures, Diagram, Walter Ventures, First Ascent Ventures, and National Bank of Canada.
The mission of the General Counsel is to provide sound legal counsel to Dialogue’s teams including supporting the executive team on strategic initiatives such as M&A activities. This person will also act as our very own privacy officer and will be responsible for maintaining and improving privacy practices. Lastly, the General Counsel will monitor any regulatory changes in Canada, and ensure compliance with all provincial and federal applicable laws.
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Leading the drafting and assisting in negotiation of all Dialogue’s commercial agreements with customers and suppliers, providing balanced advice to internal stakeholders
- Providing sound legal advice to our internal teams, including the executive team, on various strategic matters and leading negotiations process when needed
- Assisting in all legal aspects of M&A related projects, including drafting and negotiating purchase agreements and ancillary documentation, oversight of due diligence activities, coordination with all internal stakeholders to ensure appropriate review and input, and with external counsel
- Acting as Dialogue's privacy officer, developing and maintaining policies and processes that enable consistent and effective privacy practices while ensuring confidentiality of protected health information (PHI), and providing support to compliance programs when needed
- Ensuring Dialogue complies with all provincial and federal laws, and monitoring any potential regulatory changes in the health care and privacy landscapes
- Playing a key role in proactively managing risk through training and coaching, as well as through the creation and implementation of efficient contract governance
- Maintaining corporate matters such as minute books and stock registers
What we're looking for:
- Minimum of 10 years of experience (combining experience at a top-tier firm and in industry)
- Experience advising senior executives and leading strategic initiatives (i.e. M&A) is required
- Expertise in privacy and confidentiality regulations and demonstrated ability to mitigate risks
- Experience in the healthcare space is an asset
- Strong communication skills spoken and written in French & English
What we can offer:
- An opportunity to be part of a team of hard-working, ambitious and caring individuals who will help you learn and grow; with a mission to bring down barriers to great healthcare for millions of people
- Competitive compensation for full-time employees including top-tier benefits for you and your family paid by us, four (4) weeks vacation, stock options and unlimited access to Dialogue, among other perks
- A newly designed office in the heart of Old Montreal
Dialogue welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities and accommodations are available on request at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your application has been successfully submitted.