Full Stack ML Developer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Dialogue is a pioneering telemedicine company, dedicated exclusively to the world’s leading organizations. We elevate expectations and experiences through standard-setting healthcare practice, security, and utilization.
Our innovative, in-house technology improves the efficiency of the consultation to allow for more meaningful time with our expert, multi-disciplinary team. We call this: Humanized Healthcare™. Thanks to the largest and most experienced team of healthcare professionals in Canada, we offer true continuity of care as patients can talk to the same healthcare professional. Follow-ups help ensure our members are on the mend and have taken the next steps required. We help connect with local specialists or resources, as well as a broad range of services.
Our results-based approach ensures long-lasting health outcomes for organizations and their members.
We are proud to deliver much-needed care to millions of Canadians through thousands of organizations.
We raised over $100M from top investors such as CDPQ, Sun Life, Portag3, White Star Capital, Holtzbrinck Ventures, Diagram, Walter Ventures, First Ascent Ventures, and National Bank of Canada.
About our technology
Dialogue’s service runs on apps for patients and health-care providers. Behind beautifully-crafted user interfaces is the infrastructure of services built to allow us to scale while delivering an amazing experience for our members. ML systems are critical to both, scale and member experience.
The Care Platform and the Administration console also use React. This way, engineers working on one app can help people who build another app, share code, best practices etc.
The platform is built on AWS services — Kinesis, RDS, Lambda, Dynamo, EKS and a few more. There’s an automation layer that allows us to manage the deployments across various environments. We use CircleCI for deployment and test automation. We are big fans of Python for platform development. Most microservices are written in it, but we also use Go. The platform exposes secure REST APIs to the apps. Apps are fully instrumented with analytics, sending the event data to the processing pipeline.
Machine learning is an important capability of our system. It powers automated dialogue systems, natural language understanding, predictive data analytics and other subsystems.
The ML pipeline uses MLflow. One sub-system we’ve been investing a lot in is a bot framework based on the Rasa platform. Our bots are built as human-in-the-loop systems, allowing healthcare providers to focus on what they do best; and leave other tasks to bots. This architecture helps us to create unique and high-quality datasets.
One of the bots we develop helps us evaluate the patient by collecting the relevant medical information. It has a medical NLU layer based on SpaCy and TensorFlow. We have a structured knowledge graph of medical concepts and an inference engine that recognizes hundreds of medical conditions by understanding over a thousand different symptoms and risk factors.
Another key system is a recommendation engine designed to determine the right next step for the patient’s journey depending on a specific case.
Who we're looking for
- You are an amazing full-stack developer looking to apply your skill set to ML applications;
- You like the idea of joining a startup with a small, but growing team of exceptional engineers;
- You enjoy working in a team and collaborating with people with different backgrounds;
- You are self-driven, like fast-paced teams, and don’t mind occasional uncertainty of a startup;
- You enjoy both sweating the details and deliberate, long-term system thinking;
- You’ve built and shipped great apps, mobile or web;
- You’ve comfortable with the architecture of modern applications.
What you would be doing
- Develop core AI infrastructure components to ease the use of AI and machine learning techniques
- Work to develop solutions to deploy models seamlessly as part of production systems
- Integrate ML models into apps and extend them to create better datasets
- Write modular, maintainable code with little guidance/support/review.
- Apply strong technical skills in design/coding/testing/debugging.
- Deliver small-scoped projects/features independently, and medium to large
- projects within a team of collaborators.
- Work with the team to investigate hard-to-reproduce bugs, narrow-down the failure
- conditions, and will be the first test new functionalities.
- Continue to learn the system and technology and use new learnings in your work.
Refer to this post to learn more about what we build.
What we offer
- The opportunity to have an impact in an early-stage, well-funded company that is growing quickly;
- Being part of a team of hard-working, ambitious and caring individuals who will help you learn and grow professionally;
- A competitive salary, stock options and a generous time off policy;
- Top tier benefits plan including unlimited access to Dialogue for you and your family, a comprehensive parental leave program, wellness membership reimbursement and much more!;
- Flexible work hours and possibility to telecommute;
- A beautiful location in Old Montréal, facing a park, surrounded by many cafés and restaurants, all easily accessible as we are adjacent to a metro and a Bixi stand.
Dialogue welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities and accommodations are available on request at email@example.com.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Virtual Care Platform for your employees to consult with healthcare professionals. The best part of your company's health plan