Senior Quality Assurance Engineer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Are you looking for an opportunity to apply your skills and talent to spark both innovation and positive social change? Symend is a rapidly growing fintech company that combines behavioral science with advanced AI, data, and analytics capabilities to enable companies to engage at-risk customers more effectively and humanely. By creating better ways to approach individuals with empathy and dignity at the time when they need it most, Symend’s employees are helping to transform the debt recovery industry and improve lives in North America and around the world.
- At Symend, we’re expanding and looking for a Quality Assurance Engineer to join our talented and results-oriented team.
- What do we mean by results-oriented? You'll work closely with clients to understand not only what they want but what they need and help them solve some big and interesting problems.
- You are someone who is detailed oriented and capable to both verify product integrity against requirements and validate requirements against business cases.
- You’re comfortable working closely with cross-functional teams such as Product Management, Software Development and Customer Support to understand business use cases and technical implementations to design test scenarios, generate test data and execute test cases.
- You are opinionated about smart ways to test, yet humble enough to listen and take input well. You want to take ownership of the features you work on. You take responsibility for driving the software development process toward quality-centric methodologies with proactive approaches.
What you’ll be doing
- Develop, execute and maintain test scenarios based on new product feature requirements as well as defect fixes and product enhancement
- Perform QA activities that include deploying software builds into different environments, generating test data, triaging issues, reporting on testing progress and identifying risks to other teams
- Identify, the document, and track defects using the defect tracking tool
- Perform thorough end-to-end regression testing for every release cycle
- Document, track and communicate test plans, test results, analysis, and unresolved problems and reports to other teams within the company
- Coordinate schedules to ensure on-time delivery of all testing activities
- Evaluate and identify test scenarios for test automation, develop and maintain automated test suites for optimizations
- Liaise with Product and Development team to identify requirements
- Actively participate in Agile / Scrum team to delivery high-quality feature releases on an accelerated cadence.
- Collaborate with Development, DevOps and Customer Support team to ensure successfully completion, deployment, maintenance, and operations of solutions with focuses on product quality and integrity
What you need
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or similar discipline
- 8 years of relevant work experience
- Strong knowledge and experience in industry-standard testing methodologies, tools, and processes
- Proven experience in performing a different type of QA verifications and validations includes functional, integration, performance and security testing
- Solid expertise in developing test plans/strategies, test cases/scripts, traceability process of requirements to test scenarios, and quality metrics to measure product quality
- Document, troubleshoot, and isolate issues encountered during testing
- Ability to create, update and verify defects to resolution
- Experience with database testing. Demonstrated ability to write in SQL queries and scripts for data validation
- Experience with cloud architecture and web services such as Microsoft Azure or AWS
- Experience with automated testing tools and techniques (frontend, API, backend, database)
- Experience with load and stress testing
- Good organization, decision making, verbal and written communication skills. Ability to work closely with product owners and developers to discuss defects, errors, issues, potential problems, adherence to process and implementing new quality initiatives.
- A self-motivated team player who can work in a dynamic environment, strive for new technical challenges and bringing clarity to initiatives.
- All positions require background screening. This will include criminal and education checks to comply with regulations.
- We could tell you all about our competitive compensation, flexible work environment, beer Fridays, and awesome team events, but working at Symend is so much more than that.
- Working at Symend means being part of a driven and collaborative team that values trust, accountability and continuous learning. We work hard, but always make time for fun!
- You get the chance to do work that matters on a product that truly changes lives
- You get unique opportunities to serve leading global businesses including Tier-1 telecom providers, major utility companies and Fortune 500 financial institutions
- You get to make history as we disrupt the debt recovery industry for the good and change the way companies engage with their clients
Ready to do something big?
Send us your resume and tell us why you’d be a fit for Symend.
Symend is transforming the debt recovery industry by treating individuals with empathy and dignity at the time when they need it most. Combining behavioral science with advanced AI, data, and analytics capabilities, Symend’s customer engagement platform enables service providers and financial institutions to develop positive, individualized treatment programs for their at-risk customers. By approaching past-due customers with both evidence-based insight and compassion, Symend’s clients experience higher cure rates and reduced costs while building long-term relationships with customers and lifelong value for their companies and brands. Symend: The science of engagement.™
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Symend is scientifically transforming the debt recovery industry by combining behavioral science with advanced analytics to treat individuals with emp...