Senior Data Quality Assurance Specialist
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Are you looking for an opportunity to apply your skills and talent to spark both innovation and positive social change? Symend is a rapidly growing fintech company that combines behavioral science with advanced AI, data, and analytics capabilities to enable companies to engage at-risk customers more effectively and humanely. By creating better ways to approach individuals with empathy and dignity at the time when they need it most, Symend’s employees are helping to transform the debt recovery industry and improve lives in North America and around the world.
- As Data Quality Assurance Specialist, you will lead and coordinate test project releases, conduct tests and Quality Assurance activities. You will also explore automation tools and empower developers (through coaching and tooling) to unit test, edge test and load test their solutions.
- This role is a hybrid of ETL Development and Quality Assurance Engineer; therefore, you will support the team in both the capacities.
- The primary pattern of data movement at this time is batch ingestion (ETL, ELT and variants) orchestrated by Azure Data Factory, but future design patterns may also include streaming, near-real-time and event-driven ingest patterns.
- This role is a good fit for you if:
- You want to get into a fast-paced organization that is growing incredibly fast. Sales is outrunning our data engineering team and we need your help to catch up!
- You’re the kind of person that likes a good challenge, is ready to roll up your sleeves and dig into the problem. It’s not enough to spot a flaw, you offer strategies and ideas for the developers to pursue a solution.
- You take pride in the reusability of the tests and scripts that you write.
- You’re cool with inheriting code that you didn’t write. You empathize that someone in the history of this code had to balance their own constraints; it is what it is and you’re here to help make it better.
- You have a very collaborative attitude and you want to learn as you go!
What you’ll be doing
- Plan and organize testing efforts for the active testing solution development
- Draft edge cases and scenarios that uncovers flaws
- Propose solutions & ideas where time permits
- Develop and execute manual and automated test cases
- Propose tools and scripts that would help with automation
- Ensure that QA standards are followed and maintained
- Perform various testing (Functional, Regression, Automated, Performance, etc.) for the projects
- Aid the team to build unit tests and load tests
- Report, manage and validate defects using the standard testing tool Jira.
- Provide test status report to QA manager and ETL lead on a regular basis.
What you need
- 5 years’ experience in creating and executing test plans, test cases, and test scripts for complex projects based on business requirements and functional specifications
- 3+ years of experience in T-SQL and stored procedures
- 2+ years of experience in Azure cloud platform, including Azure data factory, Azure SQL Datawarehouse, and Azure data functions
- Experience with the defect management lifecycle using tools like HP Quality Center testing tool, JIRA, or TFS.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or similar discipline
- Demonstrated Test Data creation and analysis skills
- Demonstrated experience in SQL Databases
- Working knowledge of ETL processes and patterns
- Experience with SQL to verify the integrity of data in database
- Experience with SSAS and Power BI would be an asset
- We could tell you all about our competitive compensation, flexible work environment, beer Fridays, and awesome team events, but working at Symend is so much more than that.
- Working at Symend means being part of a driven and collaborative team that values trust, accountability and continuous learning. We work hard, but always make time for fun!
- You get the chance to do work that matters on a product that truly changes lives
- You get unique opportunities to serve leading global businesses including Tier-1 telecom providers, major utility companies and Fortune 500 financial institutions
- You get to make history as we disrupt the debt recovery industry for the good and change the way companies engage with their clients
Ready to do something big?
Send us your resume and tell us why you’d be a fit for Symend.
Symend is transforming the debt recovery industry by treating individuals with empathy and dignity at the time when they need it most. Combining behavioral science with advanced AI, data, and analytics capabilities, Symend’s customer engagement platform enables service providers and financial institutions to develop positive, individualized treatment programs for their at-risk customers. By approaching past-due customers with both evidence-based insight and compassion, Symend’s clients experience higher cure rates and reduced costs while building long-term relationships with customers and lifelong value for their companies and brands. Symend: The science of engagement.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Symend is scientifically transforming the debt recovery industry by combining behavioral science with advanced analytics to treat individuals with emp...