Calgary, AB, Canada
Are you looking for an opportunity to apply your skills and talent to spark both innovation and positive social change? Symend is a rapidly growing fintech company that combines behavioral science with advanced AI, data, and analytics capabilities to enable companies to engage at-risk customers more effectively and humanely. By creating better ways to approach individuals with empathy and dignity at the time when they need it most, Symend’s employees are helping to transform the debt recovery industry and improve lives in North America and around the world.
- The Scrum Master is responsible for working alongside Product and Engineering teams to support the Agile process to deliver the Symend product to market.
- The Scrum Master will champion agile practices, facilitate Scrum ceremonies, remove impediments, and shield the team from external distractions.
- The candidate should have a technical background and a passion for bring teams together and leading change.
What you’ll be doing:
- Responsible for managing the scrum process with the coordination of one or more scrum teams in Agile methodology;
- Facilitate the daily scrums, retrospectives, demo, grooming and planning sessions, organize other relevant team activities and ensure that they are held effectively;
- Analyze the service metrics and present reliable with statistics;
- Participate in documentation creation, internal tools adaptation;
- Facilitates the team’s progress toward team goals;
- Document all sprint metrics and present them;
- Addresses impediments so that the team can remain focused on achieving goals;
- Communication with management and outside stakeholders, providing team’s status;
- Coordinate with other teams, participate in sync meeting;
- Guides the team in establishing estimations;
- Help Product Manager/Owner to maintain the backlog, provide visibility;
- Enable close cooperation between product owner and the team;
- Champion Agile principles and team collaboration
What you need:
- Experience with delivery or software development
- Relevant work experience with Agile (Scrum, Kanban)
- Supportive personality with high energy
- High attention to detail
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment
- Excellent facilitation skills with a focus on achieving consensus when viewpoints diverge
- Understanding of methods to adjust team behaviors and actions to align with an agile mindset
- Demonstrated effectiveness working across multiple business units to achieve results
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM, PSM) or equivalent is an asset
- We could tell you all about our competitive compensation, flexible work environment, beer Fridays, and awesome team events, but working at Symend is so much more than that.
- Working at Symend means being part of a driven and collaborative team that values trust, accountability and continuous learning. We work hard, but always make time for fun!
- You get the chance to do work that matters on a product that truly changes lives
- You get unique opportunities to serve leading global businesses including Tier-1 telecom providers, major utility companies and Fortune 500 financial institutions
- You get to make history as we disrupt the debt recovery industry for the good and change the way companies engage with their clients All positions require background screening. This will include criminal and education checks to comply with regulations.
Ready to do something big?
Send us your resume and tell us why you’d be a fit for Symend.
Symend is transforming the debt recovery industry by treating individuals with empathy and dignity at the time when they need it most. Combining behavioral science with advanced AI, data, and analytics capabilities, Symend’s customer engagement platform enables service providers and financial institutions to develop positive, individualized treatment programs for their at-risk customers. By approaching past-due customers with both evidence-based insight and compassion, Symend’s clients experience higher cure rates and reduced costs while building long-term relationships with customers and lifelong value for their companies and brands. Symend: The science of engagement.™
Your application has been successfully submitted.