Machine Learning (Deep Learning) Engineer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Are you looking for an opportunity to apply your skills and talent to spark both innovation and positive social change? Symend is a rapidly growing fintech company that combines behavioral science with advanced AI, data, and analytics capabilities to enable companies to engage at-risk customers more effectively and humanely. By creating better ways to approach individuals with empathy and dignity at the time when they need it most, Symend’s employees are helping to transform the debt recovery industry and improve lives in North America and around the world
- As a Machine Learning Engineer, you will analyze large amounts of raw information to find patterns that will help improve Natural Language Processing (NLP) and Machine Learning (ML) models at Symend. We will rely on you to build advance analytics to extract valuable business insights and help move the organization forward.
What you'll be doing
- Undertake preprocessing of structured and unstructured data
- Analyze large amounts of information to discover trends and patterns
- Conduct research on state of the art techniques in Natural Language Processing
- Build Machine Learning and Deep Learning algorithms
- Evaluate deep learning models in a comprehensive, reproduceable manner
- Combine models through ensemble modeling
- Report experiment tracking and model tuning processes and results to team lead
- Present information using data visualization techniques
- Propose solutions and strategies to business challenges
- Collaborate with engineering and product development teams
What you'll need
- 2 years and above of proven experience as a Machine Learning Engineer or Deep Learning Engineer
- Up to date in latest advances in Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, and Natural Language Processing
- Deep understanding of statistics and statistical analysis, concepts, and methods
- Knowledge of R, SQL and Python is a mandatory requirement (pandas, numpy, nltk, spacy, scikit-learn)
- Familiarity with an Object Oriented Programming language is an asset (C#, Java, C++)
- Experience with building Natural Language Processing tools and Deep Neural Networks
- Experience with language data from a variety of domains
- Experience with domain adaptation techniques in Machine Learning and Natural Language Processing
- Experience using business intelligence tools (e.g. Tableau) and data frameworks (e.g. Hadoop)
- Analytical mind and business acumen
- Strong math skills (e.g. statistics, algebra)
- Graduate Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Computational Linguistics or similar field
- PhD with focus on Deep Learning would be an asset!
- We could tell you all about our competitive compensation, flexible work environment, beer Fridays, and awesome team events, but working at Symend is so much more than that.
- Working at Symend means being part of a driven and collaborative team that values trust, accountability and continuous learning. We work hard, but always make time for fun!
- You get the chance to do work that matters on a product that truly changes lives
- You get unique opportunities to serve leading global businesses including Tier-1 telecom providers, major utility companies and Fortune 500 financial institutions
- You get to make history as we disrupt the debt recovery industry for the good and change the way companies engage with their clients
Ready to do something big?
Send us your resume and tell us why you’d be a fit for Symend.
Symend is transforming the debt recovery industry by treating individuals with empathy and dignity at the time when they need it most. Combining behavioral science with advanced AI, data, and analytics capabilities, Symend’s customer engagement platform enables service providers and financial institutions to develop positive, individualized treatment programs for their at-risk customers. By approaching past-due customers with both evidence-based insight and compassion, Symend’s clients experience higher cure rates and reduced costs while building long-term relationships with customers and lifelong value for their companies and brands. Symend: The science of engagement.™
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Symend is scientifically transforming the debt recovery industry by combining behavioral science with advanced analytics to treat individuals with emp...