Director of Engineering
This job is no longer accepting applications.
As the Director of Engineering, your primary role can be described as a people leader and technical guide. In addition to high-level strategic contributions, you’ll play an active part of various project teams. This will include assistance with pre-sales requirements and/or timeline estimations, giving feedback on technical components of RFP proposals playing a role in helping new project teams collaborate, and make architectural decisions.
Your background in leading teams in a SAAS environment is crucial to your success in this role. You understand the challenges and triumphs that come with a growing, early-stage tech company and are eager to share your past experience in hiring, performance management, service delivery and maintenance, as well as technical and business-focused decision making in order to improve overall efficiency at Symend.
What You'll Be Doing
- Contribute to the overall business, technology, and organizational strategy;
- Collaborate with the VP Development to ensure the delivery of outstanding experiences to Symend’s clients;
- Facilitate growth and development for the development team, including coaching, career path development, and performance management;
- Help identify key priorities, and design and manage operating structures that support a high performing and effective teams and a reliable, sustainable, and high-quality delivery process;
- Oversee the entire software development lifecycle process, both with internal employees, clients, and with key vendors in terms of architecture, development, QA, operations, hosting, privacy, security, and customer data protection;
- Set up best practices around major technology or architecture decisions, modern DevOps environments, unit testing, security testing etc.;
- Play a key role in championing hiring efforts for developers at all levels.
What You'll Bring
- BSc/ MSc in Engineering, Computer Science, or relevant field
- 7+ years of experience in the software development field, including leading a team of 10+ developers, managers, and closely associated roles;
- A history of successfully managing projects from conception through development, deployment and maintenance, preferably in a SAAS based business;
- A proven track record for coaching, managing and developing team leaders and developers including identifying exceptional team members, supporting your team through promotion processes and aiding in succession planning;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; can articulate concepts clearly and concisely, and make effective presentations to internal audiences, technical workshops, conferences and investors;
- A solutions-oriented mindset with both the patience and drive to lead in an innovative, fast-moving, growing service-based environment
- Key Competencies and Skills:
- Good understanding or agile methodologies
- Leadership abilities with an analytical and strategic mind
- Excellent project management skills
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
Ready to do something big?
Send us your resume and tell us why you’d be a fit for Symend.
Symend is transforming the debt recovery industry by treating individuals with empathy and dignity at the time when they need it most. Combining behavioral science with advanced AI, data, and analytics capabilities, Symend’s customer engagement platform enables service providers and financial institutions to develop positive, individualized treatment programs for their at-risk customers. By approaching past-due customers with both evidence-based insight and compassion, Symend’s clients experience higher cure rates and reduced costs while building long-term relationships with customers and lifelong value for their companies and brands. Symend: The science of engagement.™
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Symend is scientifically transforming the debt recovery industry by combining behavioral science with advanced analytics to treat individuals with emp...