This job is no longer accepting applications.
Are you looking for an opportunity to apply your skills and talent to spark both innovation and positive social change? Symend is a rapidly growing fintech company that combines behavioral science with advanced AI, data, and analytics capabilities to enable companies to engage at-risk customers more effectively and humanely. By creating better ways to approach individuals with empathy and dignity at the time when they need it most, Symend’s employees are helping to transform the debt recovery industry and improve lives in North America and around the world.
- This role is a good fit for you if:
- You want to get into a fast-paced organization that is growing incredibly fast. Sales is outrunning our advanced analytics team and we need your help to catch up!
- You’re the kind of person that likes a good challenge, is ready to roll up your sleeves and dig into the problem and can leverage your knowledge of statistical and machine learning techniques to uncover insights
- You take pride in the scientific validity of the models you build
- You have an intuitive understanding of data and you are good at telling the story that you learned from your process
- You appreciate the weekly mix of building solutions towards a roadmap alongside root cause analysis of problems as they arise
- You have a very collaborative attitude and you want to learn as you go
What you'll be doing:
- Analyze large amounts of structured and unstructured data using scientific methods and algorithms
- Develop insights and improve business performance in impact areas including behavioural science, credit modeling, and forecasting
- Proven experience in fields such as multivariate statistical analysis, experimental design, MANOVA, and multidimensional scaling
- Understand and apply mathematical theory by developing and leveraging tools
- such as attribution modeling, propensity modeling, boosted models, decision trees, cluster analysis, and other techniques
- Leverage R, Python, SQL to extract and manipulate data, as well as to develop, analyze, validate, and deploy predictive models
- Engage across functional areas to develop an understanding of fields to which statistical methods are to be applied and to determine which methods and results are appropriate
- Leverage statistical models and collaborate closely with technology and business
- groups to analyze operational feasibility, implementation, and production integration
- Monitor data drift, model inputs, sampling techniques, and model performance and update as needed
- Create statistically derived tests to grow business knowledge and measure the impact of hypotheses
- Research and evaluate advanced statistical techniques using machine learning and artificial intelligence techniques to advance insights into customer behaviour and pursue new approaches
- Report results of statistical analyses and present written recommendations in a clear manner to senior executives
What you'll need:
- Proven experience as a Data Scientist
- Bachelor’s or higher degree (or its equivalent) in Mathematics, Statistics, or a
- related analytical field
- 4+ years of relevant work experience
- Knowledge of R, SQL, and Python
- Analytical mind and business acumen
- Strong math skills (e.g. statistics, algebra)
- Problem-solving aptitude
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Key Competencies:
- Experience validating and monitoring models using statistical techniques and KPIs relevant in a business environment
- Exceptional written and verbal communication
- The ability to convey results to both technical and non-technical audiences effectively
- Ability to manage multiple projects/tasks and prioritize them based on impact
- The ability to quickly assess problems and find workable solutions within a business framework
- Demonstrated results orientation
Ready to do something big?
Send us your resume and tell us why you’d be a fit for Symend.
Symend is transforming the debt recovery industry by treating individuals with empathy and dignity at the time when they need it most. Combining behavioral science with advanced AI, data, and analytics capabilities, Symend’s customer engagement platform enables service providers and financial institutions to develop positive, individualized treatment programs for their at-risk customers. By approaching past-due customers with both evidence-based insight and compassion, Symend’s clients experience higher cure rates and reduced costs while building long-term relationships with customers and lifelong value for their companies and brands. Symend: The science of engagement.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Symend is scientifically transforming the debt recovery industry by combining behavioral science with advanced analytics to treat individuals with emp...