Business Data Analyst
Calgary, AB, Canada
Are you looking for an opportunity to apply your skills and talent to spark both innovation and positive social change? Symend is a rapidly growing fintech company that combines behavioral science with advanced AI, data, and analytics capabilities to enable companies to engage at-risk customers more effectively and humanely. By creating better ways to approach individuals with empathy and dignity at the time when they need it most, Symend’s employees are helping to transform the debt recovery industry and improve lives in North America and around the world.
- Symend is looking to hire a Business Data Analyst for a variety of high-profile enterprise projects. The successful candidate will be responsible for understanding, translating, and documenting the business needs of our clients and stakeholders into technical requirements for our data teams.
- The requirements will support the development data movement patterns, ETL strategies, application features, and the configuration of our platform. They will build rapport with and among all project stakeholders, instilling confidence in our ability to add value and meet project objectives.
What you'll be doing:
- Participates in and facilitates requirements gathering workshops and meetings to define requirements for the data teams to onboard or enhance the Symend product;
- Breaks down complicated business problems. Gathers, defines, analyzes and translates stakeholder requirements, data and technical constraints into various internal deliverable s;
- Engages Product, Data, CS and Engineering teams to facilitate ongoing reviews and improvements of data integration and ETL processes, develops optimization strategies;
- Acts as a subject matter expert for data and integration related issues, assists with issue troubleshooting and provides technical expertise to Engineering, Data and Client support teams
What you'll need:
- 2+ years of experience in Azure data platform, including Azure Data Factory, Azure SQL
- 4+ hands-on experience in SQL Server database development, T-SQL programming and ETL development
- Working knowledge of ETL, data integrations and data movement patterns
- Experienced with data modeling and data warehouse technologies would be an asset;
- Post-Secondary Degree, preferable in Information Technology or Computer Science;
- Demonstrated experience in Data and Integration Analysis practice, preferably in a consulting environment, working with many stakeholders, delivering to enterprise clients;
- Demonstrated experience in defining and documenting business requirements for business software development, data integration, ETL, enterprise reporting, and or software product implementation projects;
- Collaborative with a can-do attitude;
- Able to work independently within the scope of the role, with a good understanding of when to escalate;
- Inquisitive, passionate about delivery of software and data solutions, willing to take an extra step to ensure success;
- We could tell you all about our competitive compensation, flexible work environment, beer Fridays, and awesome team events, but working at Symend is so much more than that.
- Working at Symend means being part of a driven and collaborative team that values trust, accountability and continuous learning. We work hard, but always make time for fun!
- You get the chance to do work that matters on a product that truly changes lives
- You get unique opportunities to serve leading global businesses including Tier-1 telecom providers, major utility companies and Fortune 500 financial institutions
- You get to make history as we disrupt the debt recovery industry for the good and change the way companies engage with their clients
Ready to do something big?
Send us your resume and tell us why you’d be a fit for Symend.
Symend is transforming the debt recovery industry by treating individuals with empathy and dignity at the time when they need it most. Combining behavioral science with advanced AI, data, and analytics capabilities, Symend’s customer engagement platform enables service providers and financial institutions to develop positive, individualized treatment programs for their at-risk customers. By approaching past-due customers with both evidence-based insight and compassion, Symend’s clients experience higher cure rates and reduced costs while building long-term relationships with customers and lifelong value for their companies and brands. Symend: The science of engagement.™
Your application has been successfully submitted.