This job is no longer accepting applications.
Are you looking for an opportunity to apply your skills and talent to spark both innovation and positive social change? Symend is a rapidly growing fintech company that combines behavioral science with advanced AI, data, and analytics capabilities to enable companies to engage at-risk customers more effectively and humanely. By creating better ways to approach individuals with empathy and dignity at the time when they need it most, Symend’s employees are helping to transform the debt recovery industry and improve lives in North America and around the world.
- At Symend, we’re expanding and looking for a Developer to join our talented and results oriented team. What do we mean by results oriented? You'll work closely with clients to understand not only what they want, but what they need and help them solve some big and interesting problems.
- You are someone who likes solving interesting problems with a team. You love to get at the root of a problem and work with others to create great outcomes and have a strong desire to learn. In fact, you’re the first to rattle off which Rails video or Blog would help your co-worker.
- You can speak to language best practices, understand that starting is as important as finishing, know the difference between simple and easy, have a strong understanding of classes and mix-ins, and know the advantages and trade-offs between closure/blocks and delegates. You’re also diligent about meeting allocated budgets and can work within time constraints, but you will never sacrifice quality.
- On top of this, you are comfortable working in cross-functional teams and can share insights and expectations with stakeholders, clients, team members and various levels of management.
What you’ll be doing
- Design, program and test software
- Maintain relevant documentation for developers, clients and users
- Develop and refine prototypes to confirm requirements
- Program according to project plans (versions, sprints)
- Release activities, such as support, versioning and maintenance
- Collaborate with our designers to create interfaces
- Peer review other team members’ code, and learn and adapt from peer review of your own code
What you need
- 3+ of delivering software with preference given to those who have a degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent
- Working knowledge with C#, .NET, Azure, SQLServer
- Working knowledge with NoSQL and serverless architectures a plus
- Experience with DevOps would be an asset
- Experience breaking down user problems into stories and solutioning
- Experience working on iterative projects with continuous delivery pipelines
- Experience with test driven development
- Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Exceptional interpersonal and relationship management skills
- Demonstrated effectiveness working across multiple business units to achieve results
- Hands on development experience or full understanding of mobile and service development pipeline and process
- Track record for being detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to self-motivate and follow-through on projects
- Strong problem-solving skills; the ability to analyze problems and develop actionable and appropriate tactical plans quickly
- Ability to succeed in a fast-paced, innovative, and rapidly evolving industry and business organization
- All positions require background screening. This will include criminal and education checks to comply with regulations.
- We could tell you all about our competitive compensation, flexible work environment, beer Fridays, and awesome team events, but working at Symend is so much more than that.
- Working at Symend means being part of a driven and collaborative team that values trust, accountability and continuous learning. We work hard, but always make time for fun!
- You get the chance to do work that matters on a product that truly changes lives
- You get unique opportunities to serve leading global businesses including Tier-1 telecom providers, major utility companies and Fortune 500 financial institutions
- You get to make history as we disrupt the debt recovery industry for the good and change the way companies engage with their clients
Ready to do something big?
Send us your resume and tell us why you’d be a fit for Symend.
Symend is transforming the debt recovery industry by treating individuals with empathy and dignity at the time when they need it most. Combining behavioral science with advanced AI, data, and analytics capabilities, Symend’s customer engagement platform enables service providers and financial institutions to develop positive, individualized treatment programs for their at-risk customers. By approaching past-due customers with both evidence-based insight and compassion, Symend’s clients experience higher cure rates and reduced costs while building long-term relationships with customers and lifelong value for their companies and brands. Symend: The science of engagement.™
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Symend is scientifically transforming the debt recovery industry by combining behavioral science with advanced analytics to treat individuals with emp...