Senior HR Business Partner
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Are you looking for an opportunity to apply your skills and talent to spark both innovation and positive social change? Symend is a rapidly growing fintech company that combines behavioral science with advanced AI, data, and analytics capabilities to enable companies to engage at-risk customers more effectively and humanely.
By creating better ways to approach individuals with empathy and dignity at the time when they need it most, Symend’s employees are helping to transform the debt recovery industry and improve lives in North America and around the world.
We are looking to hire an innovative Senior HR Business Partner to provide meaningful support to our Symenders. Reporting to the Head of People, this role will partner with staff to develop and execute people strategies and policies focused on organizational effectiveness, on-boarding, performance management, employee engagement and more! We're building a new people team to support Symenders as we grow substantially over the next year and beyond. You'll be joining a new people team, helping to establish a new business partner model, not only rolling up your sleeves to help deliver on the day-to-day people operations admin tasks, but also putting on your strategic thinking hat to help us develop policies and programs.
What you'll be doing
- You are an innovator, a change agent, and able to bring your sound People experience to our growing team
- In partnership with the People team, develop and implement people programs and practices that foster growth, innovation, and organizational effectiveness which align with business strategies in areas including on-boarding, compensation, performance management, employee engagement, off-boarding and more!
- Lead or support change management activities associated with HR programs
- Partner with team leads and managers to ensure employee and business needs are met in a rapidly growing company, supporting with change management.
- Coach and guide leaders on complex people issues, identifying, investigating and resolving employee issues, concerns and complaints, while always striving to build an engaging work environment.
- Be a support hub for all staff regarding policies and procedures
- Analyze people data and make recommendations for workforce planning and improved people practices
- Update and ensure the accuracy of employee data in the Human Resources Information System (BambooHR).
- Support with on-boarding of new hires including administration and facilitation
- Support with payroll and benefits administration as required
- Other duties as assigned
What you'll need
- You bring 5-8 years of work experience in a senior HR Business Partner capacity
- Specifically within a fast growth start-up, ideally within the tech sector
- Experience with change management design and execution
- Credible, proactive and trusted partner, with the ability to easily build strong relationships at all levels and deliver results
- Proven communicator and facilitator
- Experience designing and leading complex human resources initiatives
- Enthusiastic, fun team player with a strong drive to create a positive work environment
- You can easily switch between your strategic thinking hat and getting your hands into the details of administration.
- Must be agile and innovative
- Experience with a distributed teams and international employees, particularly US employees would be an asset
- Experience with supporting an organization through rapid growth and changing work environment
- Ability to express and present information clearly, both orally and in writing.
- Proven ability to learn new technologies quickly and manage change efficiently, proactively and in a positive manner.
- CPHR certification would be considered an asset
- Working at Symend means being part of a driven and collaborative team that values trust,accountability and continuous learning. We work hard, but always make time for fun!
- You get the chance to do work that matters on a product that truly changes lives
- You get unique opportunities to serve leading global businesses including Tier-1 telecom providers, major utility companies and Fortune 500 financial institutions
- You get to make history as we disrupt the debt recovery industry for the good and change the way companies engage with their clients
Ready to do something big?
Send us your resume and tell us why you’d be a fit for Symend.
Symend is transforming the debt recovery industry by treating individuals with empathy and dignity at the time when they need it most. Combining behavioral science with advanced AI, data, and analytics capabilities, Symend’s customer engagement platform enables service providers and financial institutions to develop positive, individualized treatment programs for their at-risk customers. By approaching past-due customers with both evidence-based insight and compassion, Symend’s clients experience higher cure rates and reduced costs while building long-term relationships with customers and lifelong value for their companies and brands.
Symend: The science of engagement.™
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Symend is scientifically transforming the debt recovery industry by combining behavioral science with advanced analytics to treat individuals with emp...