Learning & Development Specialist
Calgary, AB, Canada
The Learning & Development Specialist’s primary role is to facilitate the onboarding of all Symend employees via our immersive onboarding program. They are further accountable to contribute as a key member of the wider L&D team for the efficient design and delivery of corporate wide learning resources. They will be guided to the identification and selection of training priorities and be able to utilise modern learning methods and media for delivery. In addition, the incumbent will be required to provide best practice guidance to internal customers on training delivery and work with our instructional design team to create learning materials for our internal training courses.
What you'll be doing
- Facilitate the delivery of the Symend onboarding program; this includes both assisting SME presenters and own delivery of proprietary content
- Manage the evaluation and assurance of the onboarding program as part of the wider organization’s L&D assurance system
- Maintain and communicate the onboarding calendar to all stakeholders
- Provide guidance to subject matter experts on the development and maintenance of training materials, courses and assessment methods
- Identify, design and create technical training materials, courses and assessments. This is inclusive of classroom learning and project-based training
- You will successfully ensure delivery of the world class onboarding experience for all new Symend employees
- You will work as part of the wider L&D team to design and successfully ensure delivery of other key learning programs as required by the business
What you'll need
- 3+ years of Learning and Development experience, preference given to candidates who have experience designing and delivering learning for a software or technical organization
- Advanced Diploma/Diploma in Training/Instructional design
- Proven experience in understanding and applying current adult learning theory concepts and practices
- Hands on experience in the design and delivery of practical and sustainable training programs
- Must be a very strong facilitator both online and in person
- Able to manage multiple projects concurrently
- Ability to work with diverse business units to build strong relationships
- Open office environment
- Occasional travel to client sites may be required
- May be requested to work overtime and weekends for special program events or critical delivery dates
- Working at Symend means being part of a driven and collaborative team that values trust,accountability and continuous learning. We work hard, but always make time for fun!
- You get the chance to do work that matters on a product that truly changes lives
- You get unique opportunities to serve leading global businesses including Tier-1 telecom providers, major utility companies and Fortune 500 financial institutions
- You get to make history as we disrupt the debt recovery industry for the good and change the way companies engage with their clients
Ready to do something big?
Send us your resume and tell us why you’d be a fit for Symend.
Symend is transforming the debt recovery industry by treating individuals with empathy and dignity at the time when they need it most. Combining behavioral science with advanced AI, data, and analytics capabilities, Symend’s customer engagement platform enables service providers and financial institutions to develop positive, individualized treatment programs for their at-risk customers. By approaching past-due customers with both evidence-based insight and compassion, Symend’s clients experience higher cure rates and reduced costs while building long-term relationships with customers and lifelong value for their companies and brands.
Symend: The science of engagement.™
Your application has been successfully submitted.