Azure DevOps Engineer - Calgary
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Are you looking for an opportunity to apply your skills and talent to spark both innovation and positive social change? Symend is a rapidly growing fintech company that combines behavioral science with advanced AI, data, and analytics capabilities to enable companies to engage at-risk customers more effectively and humanely. By creating better ways to approach individuals with empathy and dignity at the time when they need it most, Symend’s employees are helping to transform the debt recovery industry and improve lives in North America and around the world.
The Azue DevOps Engineer will be part of a versatile team that creates cutting edge web and cloud solutions for data intensive applications. This role is based out of Calgary, Alberta. Must be local.
What you'll be doing
- Management of production, staging, testing and development environments on Azure
- Coordinating the build and release pipelines between various projects using different technologies
- Improving deployment, efficiency, reliability and scalability of these services
Key Competencies and Skills you bring:
- An effective team player with amazing communication skills
- Demonstrated interest and ability to learn new software and cloud technologies
- Ability to perform automation tasks with Azure CLI or PowerShell
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines in Azure DevOps
- Proven ability to create/maintain infrastructure as code via Terraform
- In depth understanding of deployment, orchestration and maintenance of Azure Kubernetes Services and/or Docker
- Familiarity with Agile practices including Scrum Programming preferred
- Strong understanding of branching methodologies and GitFlow
- Experience with Release Management would be considered a strong asset
- Understand requirements of data scientists that use machine learning, Snowflake and Natural Language Processing
- Proven ability to monitor and alert production resources using Azure Log Analytics
- Experience with Datadog would be considered a strong asset
- Strong skills around Resource Access Governance
- Understanding of Service Bus, Azure Functions and distributed systems
- Have strong Unix/Linux administration skills
- Ability to configure and use tooling for automated testing on production resources
- Strong understanding of cloud networking knowledge
- Ability to configure Layer 7 load balancers, WAFs, App Gateway and Azure Front Door
What type of experience you have:
- 5+ years DevOps experience
- 3+ years in Azure environment or using Azure DevOps
Ready to do something big?
Send us your resume and tell us why you’d be a fit for Symend.
Symend is transforming the debt recovery industry by treating individuals with empathy and dignity at the time when they need it most. Combining behavioral science with advanced AI, data, and analytics capabilities, Symend’s customer engagement platform enables service providers and financial institutions to develop positive, individualized treatment programs for their at-risk customers. By approaching past-due customers with both evidence-based insight and compassion, Symend’s clients experience higher cure rates and reduced costs while building long-term relationships with customers and lifelong value for their companies and brands. Symend: The science of engagement.™
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Symend is scientifically transforming the debt recovery industry by combining behavioral science with advanced analytics to treat individuals with emp...