Calgary, AB, Canada
Are you looking for an opportunity to apply your skills and talent to spark both innovation and positive social change? Symend is a rapidly growing fintech company that combines behavioral science with advanced AI, data, and analytics capabilities to enable companies to engage at-risk customers more effectively and humanely. By creating better ways to approach individuals with empathy and dignity at the time when they need it most, Symend’s employees are helping to transform the debt recovery industry and improve lives in North America and around the world.
- As a Junior Accountant, you will be part of a team of accountants collectively responsible for managing financial accounting and reporting. Due to our fast-paced growth, we are trying to develop many of our day-to-day accounting processes. A keen interest and experience in implementing new technology and driving new processes is required.
What you’ll be doing
- Accounts Payable – assist in verifying appropriate approvals of vendor invoices and employee expenses, assist in the coding of all AP and employee expenses & posting to the accounting system.
- Assist in the processing of electronic payments to ensure prompt payment based on due dates
- Accounts Receivable – assist in generating and issuing client invoices and matching to cash receipts
- Monthly Closing – assist in the preparation of month end closing entries including amortization of prepaid expenses, bank entries and bank reconciliations, credit card reconciliations, payroll and other liability accruals.
- Payroll – assist in the entry and reconciliation of payroll information including US state registrations
- Work with others to explain fluctuations in accounts
- Reconciliation of various G/L accounts
- Assist in month end, quarter end and year end close
- Assist with annual external audit
- Gathering and monitoring financial data (e.g. sales revenues and liabilities)
- Participate in special projects and other duties as required
What you'll need:
- 1-2 years experience in professional accounting
- Strong accounting, reporting and analytical skills are required to ensure accurate and timely preparation of financial information
- High attention to detail
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint) with exceptional Excel skills
- Experience with NetSuite an asset
- Experience with an established payroll platform such as ADP, Ceridian or PayWorks an asset
- US GAAP experience an asset
- Bachelor’s degree in an applicable field, i.e. accounting or finance preferred
Ready to do something big?
Send us your resume and tell us why you’d be a fit for Symend.
Symend is transforming the debt recovery industry by treating individuals with empathy and dignity at the time when they need it most. Combining behavioral science with advanced AI, data, and analytics capabilities, Symend’s customer engagement platform enables service providers and financial institutions to develop positive, individualized treatment programs for their at-risk customers. By approaching past-due customers with both evidence-based insight and compassion, Symend’s clients experience higher cure rates and reduced costs while building long-term relationships with customers and lifelong value for their companies and brands. Symend: The science of engagement.™
Your application has been successfully submitted.