Senior Back End Engineer - Remote Option
Toronto, ON, Canada Remote
What is BookJane?
At BookJane, we believe that a human being's greatest potential becomes unlocked when we do the work that we love. We connect thousands of professional workers to the work they love to do.
We utilize our breakthrough technology to unlock human potential with ease and simplicity. Our award-winning platform allows us to help solve one of Healthcare’s major problems is the shortage of healthcare workers.
What is the role?
As the Senior Back End Developer you are passionate about technology and building elegant and scalable cloud native solutions. We are looking for a Back End Developer to join our team to help maintain, design, and implement best practice cloud infrastructure, APIs and CI/CD pipelines. We are looking for someone that has experience building and scaling cloud technologies with a passion for stability, efficiency and security in mind.
- Design and implement scalable backend APIs using cloud native technologies
- Solution architect who can work with a development team to design and develop synchronous and asynchronous software architectures (queues, caching, SOA/microservices, multi-region, horizontal and/or vertical scaling, sharding, etc)
- Cloud to cloud integrations against 3rd party APIs in a robust, secure and scalable fashion
- Managing and improving BookJane’s deployment process (blue/green, rollbacks, migrations, data backfills, etc)
- Create and maintain technical documentation and architectural plans
- Maintain infrastructure and service uptime in accordance with our customer’s SLA
Things You Need Have:
- LOVE Technology and a passion for healthcare
- Bachelor or Masters in engineering/computer science or equivalent
- 5+ years of industry experience building backend systems and cloud infrastructure
- Significant experience building APIs (REST/GraphQL)
- Monoliths or microservices with Ruby on Rails / Node / etc
- Strong knowledge of AWS suite of tools including EC2, EKS / ECS or similar, Secrets Manager, S3
- CI/CD tooling and best practices
- Experience with virtual environments such as Docker Kubernetes
- Experience with languages such as Powershell, Bash and Python
- Configure web servers including Nginx, message queuing systems (Redis, Kafta)
- Experience with relational and non relational databases (PostgreSQL, SQL, MongoDB)
Your application has been successfully submitted.