Senior Program Manager
- Responsible for the planning and execution of the OBPSW development by managing the scope (contract, statement-of-work, work-breakdown-structure, monthly executive reporting) requirements, schedule, milestones, risks, opportunities and budget
- Manage the OBPSW development programs (directly and via direct reports) and report on their progress
- Develop monthly dashboard for executive review and integration into IMS
- Integrate metrics from waterfall and SW scrum programs into our dashboards. Ensure both internal development and external vendor development are tracked correctly, reported and risks and challenges identified for the overall Lightspeed program.
- Prepare and execute program initiatives for Telesat Lightspeed constellation in close coordination with the Telesat commercial and services teams
- Contribute to the design of the Telesat LEO constellation to ensure alignment of the OBPSW scope, performance and interoperability with the end-to-end system and contractual requirements
- Develop required documentation for proper management and execution of the OBPSW program in collaboration with technical experts in the engineering team
- Assess vendor development progress and prepare program inputs in support of presentations to brief Lightspeed leadership on highlights, challenges and go forward plans
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or equivalent industry experience with a minimum of 10 years of program management experience in communications industry, preferably with an emphasis on satellite technologies
- General knowledge of communication components, networks, satellite components such as modem, RF, electronics and antenna technologies are a plus
- Significant experience managing multiple concurrent and interdependent programs, international vendor management is a plus
- Experience in managing vendor development programs
- Strong working knowledge of program management tools including Microsoft Program or similar scheduling tools (i.e. Primavera Cloud, Primavera P6)
- Good understanding of JIRA boards and SCRUM methodology for SW development
- Creative problem-solver with thorough attention to detail
- Highly collaborative team-player who can quickly earn the confidence of co-workers and teammates
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with management, engineering teams and partners / suppliers
- Experience in dealing with business considerations and practical limitations related to system design and implementation
- Ability to prioritize opportunities, needs and resources
- An aptitude for and interest in complex technology
- Demonstrable program and program management experience is required
- PMP Certification is an asset
DECISION MAKING & SUPERVISION:
- In this role, the incumbent will have significant impact on the performance and capabilities of the Lightspeed satellites. They will need to make recommendations and decisions based on applicable experience.
- This role has direct reports, as the role will manage number of project coordinators and program managers.
- This position may be suited for the hybrid working environment
- Occasional international travel is anticipated (for vendor design reviews); therefore, candidates will need to maintain an up-to-date passport and remain legally able to travel internationally.
- The successful candidate must be able to work in Canada and obtain clearance under the Canadian Controlled Goods program (CGP).
At Telesat, we take pride in being an equal opportunity employer that values equality in the workplace. We are committed to providing the best candidate experience possible including any required accommodations at every stage of our interview process. All qualified applicants that have been selected for an interview that require accommodations, are advised to inform the Telesat Talent team accordingly. We will work with you to meet your needs. All accommodation information provided will be treated as confident