- Lead the documentation of business and network operations requirements and use cases applicable to network operations and control
- Create technical architecture and design specifications that will drive the entire network operations and control solution to success, while maintaining a view of scope, timeline, and budget
- Provide thought leadership and guidance on resolving complex implementation and solution issues
- Identify and mitigate implementation risks through technical best practices
- Manage technical aspects of network operations and control systems procurement, from RFP definition, through evaluation of proposals, proofs of concept, detailed designs, implementation, testing and finally operational support
- Review and approve design and development solution documents, internal and external test strategies, plans and scripts
- Execute modeling, costing and trade analysis
- Play a key role in the development and implementation of business processes
- Play a key role in Lightspeed detailed technical service definitions (IP, Carrier Ethernet, SD-WAN)
- Educate teams on new solutions, best practices, and industry trends
Education and Experience Required
- 5+ years' experience in a similar role
- Demonstrated expert knowledge of telecoms OSS domain
- Deep understanding of telecom network design and architectures, with broad end to end view across OSS and BSS technologies and ecosystems
- Demonstrated expert knowledge of network planning and configuration processes from a technical and a business process perspective
- Domain knowledge in multiple telecom technologies (IP, Carrier Ethernet, SD-WAN)
- A bachelor's degree in computer science, management information systems, engineering or a related field
- Key technologies: MEF Sonata, TMF REST API, ONF TAPI, gNMI, NETCONF, CloudEvents, OpenMetrics, Kafka, SDN, Openflow, VNF, Python, SysML
Decision Making and Supervision
- This role requires making recommendations and decisions which will have significant influence on the network operations and control solution of the Telesat Lightspeed network
- This role requires contributions as an individual and a team member. While the role has no direct reports, it is a technical leader role.
- Hybrid workplace model with three days a week in the office. This policy is subject to change.
- Occasional travel is anticipated
All candidates must be eligible to receive a Controlled Goods Program (CGP) Clearance.
At Telesat, we take pride in being an equal opportunity employer that values equality in the workplace. We are committed to providing the best candidate experience possible including any required accommodations at every stage of our interview process. All qualified applicants that have been selected for an interview that require accommodations, are advised to inform the Telesat Talent team accordingly. We will work with you to meet your needs. All accommodation information provided will be treated as confidential.